Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Dear Mr. ********

This is in response to your follow-up inquiry dated July 24, 2009.

Our records show we are waiting for VA form 4142, Authorization and Consent to Release Information to the Department of VA, from you. It could be that you have submitted the form and it has not yet been scanned into our system. If you have not submitted the form, which should have been sent to you, please do so at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

Here'e the problem:

They have all my medical records in my C-file and I havn't received any 4241 form in over a year. This is crazy. Anything and everything has been submitted months ago, even years. Is this a stalling tactic or maybe a mistake. don't have a clue but i'm going to see my VSO tomorrw with a print out of this.

Anyone have any comments on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frank

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wholesale:

Please do not hit send over and over again. This was posted 4 times. Sometimes you have to wait a minute or two if the site is busy.

sorry pete....i thought it was my internet connection

frank

Wholesale:

Please do not hit send over and over again. This was posted 4 times. Sometimes you have to wait a minute or two if the site is busy.

The 21-4142 form is critical to getting additional med records.

If y0u never received it from VA at all- go to the VA web site and under Comp Icon -Forms are there-

or maybe your rep has the blank forms-and fill it out and send it to them with proof of mailing (and make sure the rep has copy too-)

is this crap a stall tactic? I sure think it is.

They probably never sent the form to you in the first place.

Thanks Berta, I just thought this was kind of odd since my only treatment for the last couple years is through the VA. They don't need this form to get those. I remember filling out release forms earlier in my appeal but that's been a while so I just don't know what they could possibly want.

Two weeks ago I received an envelope in mail regarding my claim for IU. This release form was in there but all my treatment is from the VA so why should I fill this out and send it in for that? Also, in the envelope was another form to check off If I had nothing else to submit and to decide my claim as soon as possible. Maybe this is what they meant. Should I send this one in with it checked off that I don't have anymore evidence to submit? I don't have anything else to submit.

Frank

The 21-4142 form is critical to getting additional med records.

If y0u never received it from VA at all- go to the VA web site and under Comp Icon -Forms are there-

or maybe your rep has the blank forms-and fill it out and send it to them with proof of mailing (and make sure the rep has copy too-)

is this crap a stall tactic? I sure think it is.

They probably never sent the form to you in the first place.

Oh----I assume they didnt need this to try and get any SSA disability records you might have?

No private records at all?

If this is the case- I would make sure you respond and tell them that there are no other records but for the VA medical records which they have and this is the evidence that supports your claim and you have no further evidence to submit.

If you are able take the form(s) in person to your RO.

I had something simular to this happen this Spring. I sent the requested paperwork 3 times via cert. return receipt (with 60 days in between each VA request) and my VARO denied ever getting them.

Stalling to perfection.

Boondoc