Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Dear Mr. ********

This is in response to your follow-up inquiry dated July 24, 2009.

Our records show we are waiting for VA form 4142, Authorization and Consent to Release Information to the Department of VA, from you. It could be that you have submitted the form and it has not yet been scanned into our system. If you have not submitted the form, which should have been sent to you, please do so at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

Here'e the problem:

They have all my medical records in my C-file and I havn't received any 4241 form in over a year. This is crazy. Anything and everything has been submitted months ago, even years. Is this a stalling tactic or maybe a mistake. don't have a clue but i'm going to see my VSO tomorrw with a print out of this.

Anyone have any comments on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frank

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA says they don't have it crazy or not you had better get what they asked for are you will wait in limbo for years.

Good Luck

Since SSd is government agency I wouldn't think they need my permission. Maybe since it's mental health they do though. I don't know. I'm just lost on this.

SSA would need an ROI form signed by you to get your records from VAMC

and

VBA needs a ROI signed by you to get records from SSA.

They are all different, just like DOD, VBA, VAMC, Vet Center, Private Doc's, etc...

carlie

I have a Voc rehab appt today at our RO so I will check this out with my VSO.

Don't just count on your vso to handle your claim.

Bottom line is, it's your claim and NO ONE knows and cares more about it than you.

If VBA doesn't get the paper they have requested you are the one responsible for

them not getting it.

This is not to slam you personally in any way - it's just a reality we all have to deal with.

jmho,

carlie

Carly, in the past the VA has gotten my SSD records without me even knowing it. I think I signed a release when I first opened my claim in 2003. Maybe that's why they were able to get them. Not sure. I just found out from my VSO they have them so all good now.

thanks for all the comments on this,

frank

VBA does not require a release of information to obtain Social Security records, as they are in Federal custody. When you apply for IU, SHARE is queried to determine if you are in receipt of SS disability. If you are, the VSR simply faxes a request to the SS office of jurisdiction. (Usually it takes a second request to get the records). There is information sharing between Federal agencies routinely. VA periodically runs a query of IRS records for vets in receipt of income-dependent benefits (NSCP).