Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

Aquabear

Question

Just found out Friday that on Thurs my claim was at the rating board :D YAAHOOOO!!!! But before jumpin 4 joy, any feedback on how long it will take- 6 days, 6 months 6 YEARS!(*&^@^!#

I figure I will call next week thurs/fri to see if anything was typed in the system- don't want to iris due to it might hold up/slow down my rating. I think that's what IRIs is for. ANy advice on this?

In 9/08, I asked to increase my left hip (10%), low back (0%) and to rate my right hip (was denied in 1998). For right hip if they give 10% would they more likely pay back from 1998 or 9/08? Or would I have to do CUE? For left hip & back if they give higher ratings would they more likely go back to 1998 or 9/08? Or would I have to do CUE to get retro to 1998?

FYI – I sent records for years of DR visits of almost monthly visits for pain meds/shotsetc since 1998 when I got out. Got a VAMC MRI shows 2 herniated discs lower back- more proof.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I am far to inexperienced to advise you on the best method to contact the VA re your claim before the rating board and i don't intend to hijack your question but what do you base your opinion on the IRIS system? In my expererience IRIS has been pretty effective, but then I have zero idea what's going on behind the scences so that position may well be correct.

"Just found out Friday that on Thurs my claim was at the rating board YAAHOOOO!!!! But before jumpin 4 joy, any feedback on how long it will take- 6 days, 6 months 6 YEARS!"

I sincerely don't want to put a damper on your high spirits but this is "my experience" so far. In June 09, my claim went from rating team to post-determination, then back to rating team in same month. On July 17th, a decision was made on my claim...I haven't heard any new news since that time frame. I guess it is safe to assume they are doing what they need to do in order to finalize the process for my claim. Just think... the process is all down-hill now! Yeah!

I wish you well!

Smilen

Normally 60 - 90 days. There are exceptions to every rule. Good luck.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you had a C&P? If not probably will not be a short wait.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

My claim has been at the rater since early July 09', so like others have said, I wouldn't get too excited.

I really don't think IRIS slows things down. If you requested a copy of your C-file, I could see throwing a wrench in the process. The 800# people are nice, but have very limited info. The SRO I talked with and the IRIS people have more in-deth access.

I was pretty excited when they told me my claim was at the rater, but then I saw the flow chart that was posted on another post. Now I'm just trying not to think about it.

Eric

I had my claim sent to the raters early July '09 too.

I did the IRIS to ask about my claim, and got what seemed to be a "form" response form them, and wasn't from my RO, so I am doing the same...trying to forget about it for now.

Boondoc

My claim has been at the rater since early July 09', so like others have said, I wouldn't get too excited.

I really don't think IRIS slows things down. If you requested a copy of your C-file, I could see throwing a wrench in the process. The 800# people are nice, but have very limited info. The SRO I talked with and the IRIS people have more in-deth access.

I was pretty excited when they told me my claim was at the rater, but then I saw the flow chart that was posted on another post. Now I'm just trying not to think about it.

Eric

Edited by BoonDoc

BoonDoc

Sailors see the World as 2/3rds full

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson