VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Expedited Claim Docs

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

i got the brown envelope today saying that they are expediting my claim as requested. i was so excited! then, i read down further and notice they r asking for a bunch of info that was already sent in. makes me feel as if i am just being dismissed in a way. is this standard procedure? did they NOT look at my packet i sent in?? for instance, here is one of the things they say they need:

* we need evidence showing that the following condition existed from military service to the present time: ptsd due to sexual abuse.

ok, i sent in the ER visit for the rape kit, the results of the rape kit, the mhc visit due to the mst....how much more evidence do they need????? all was while on active duty.

its frustrating. what am i supposed to do? send in exactly the same docs i sent with the packet?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Just my opinion and may be wrong but VA has asked you to send them information they already have or should have. In your case if you send/give them this information again make sure you note to them that this information is already in your file. This way they can not say they received the information at the later date and mess with your effective date.

Before my claim went to rater, the VA sent me request for the same medical records that they've had for 20 years. I had given them another copy, certified return receipt request...60 days go by and I get another request for the same info. I repeated the process three times bfore the VA acknowledged my records.

I contacted my RO via IRIS telling them what was going on, got a call the next day; I was real nice, I've been a smart ass with them before, the man said that they had my records, and to contact him if I get another request, but to always respond to the requests that the VA makes.

I told them that I had given the VA these records years ago; didn't think about effective date.

Hoping the best for you, I am!

Boondoc

Just my opinion and may be wrong but VA has asked you to send them information they already have or should have. In your case if you send/give them this information again make sure you note to them that this information is already in your file. This way they can not say they received the information at the later date and mess with your effective date.