Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results Are Back For C&p For Iu

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello All:

I just recieved the C&P results of the exam my husband had for IU.

I believe they are favorable, But would like your commits:

Opinion: Of the examiner:> In my medical opinion this veteran is unable to preform either phyical or sedentary work in his present condition due to the combined effects of three conditions: Heart Disease, Sleep Apnea, PTSD.

Rationale: The veterans current cardiac status is enough to preclude phyical work including DOT driving but not a sedentary job. However, his persistent somulence from osa is such that he would be unable to maintain an acceptable degree of wakefulness for sedentary work. Finally his ptsd seems to be clinically worsening according to the BH notes and the veteran. This in turn has increased his cardiac symptom and labile hypertension. Anything more than limited human interaction raises his anxiety and stress. He was able to accommodates this for years by working as a long haul truck driver. This is no longer an option.

Other Comment: The job the veteran could do would feature: sedentary, variable hours and days, low stress enviroment, unlimited unscheduled periodic naps, minimal human contact, does not involve driving, operating hazardous machines or tools.

Jessie

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would send the same reports to SSD and file that claim at the same time I got SSD in 4 months the VA took years in your case since he is already 80% they may award the IU quickly but there is no reason to delay claiming the SSD you do know there is a 5 month wait period for SSD benefits from the time he stopped working before he becomes eligible for SSD benefits and then it is a 2 year wait for Medicare Part B

I agree....why wait when SSD can take months. Maybe in your case it will be quicker since your C&P results preclude you from working.

frank

Do you have a claim in with SS? If you don't I would file one, if you do I would send it in