VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Thank About This

Rate this question

Question

I got my brown letter from the VA on Monday and got by Lumbar back raised from 20% to 40% and all other claims were denied giving me a total rating of 80%, the problem is I heard nothing about the audit on my effective dated on the claim on my ankles which should go back 4 years and hemorrhoids 1 year and 1/2 and IBS which should go back 2 years but was only paid back 1 year for all of them. Talked with my American legion Rep about the problem, he checked in to it and found out I had 2 claim going to the Board of Appeals one was the back, ankles, effective dates and plantar fascia and another for IBS and hemorrhoids which I new nothing about, I have 30% for IBS and 10% for hemorrhoids which is the most I can get for it, the VA told my rep I did not have a form 9 for the IBS and Hemorrhoids but they would let me do one even though it should have been turned in last year which I thought was odd, my old American Legion rep sent in the wrong paper work they said. My old Rep also told me to not get a video hearing because it would take to long and would be better if local office did it. Now they are giving me a video hearing even though I turned it down on the form 9 adv. by my American legion rep which I called one day to talk to and was gone really fast and was given another rep. I thought it was kinda odd for them to do this for me out of the kindness of their hearts.

Ken

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I got my brown letter from the VA on Monday and got by Lumbar back raised from 20% to 40% and all other claims were denied giving me a total rating of 80%, the problem is I heard nothing about the audit on my effective dated on the claim on my ankles which should go back 4 years and hemorrhoids 1 year and 1/2 and IBS which should go back 2 years but was only paid back 1 year for all of them. Talked with my American legion Rep about the problem, he checked in to it and found out I had 2 claim going to the Board of Appeals one was the back, ankles, effective dates and plantar fascia and another for IBS and hemorrhoids which I new nothing about, I have 30% for IBS and 10% for hemorrhoids which is the most I can get for it, the VA told my rep I did not have a form 9 for the IBS and Hemorrhoids but they would let me do one even though it should have been turned in last year which I thought was odd, my old American Legion rep sent in the wrong paper work they said. My old Rep also told me to not get a video hearing because it would take to long and would be better if local office did it. Now they are giving me a video hearing even though I turned it down on the form 9 adv. by my American legion rep which I called one day to talk to and was gone really fast and was given another rep. I thought it was kinda odd for them to do this for me out of the kindness of their hearts.

Ken

Do you think thereis a possibility the AL who sent the wrong info to the VA are doing anything they can to appease you since their error hurt your claim.

If this is the case and it goes bad then you can legally seek damages against them.

If it does go bad because of the error, you can hang them out to dry.

FYI

J

Was the audit requested separately from the conditions in the award letter you got?

You have a right to see the POA files on your claims and that might reveal what happened here.

Pete53 Yes I am working at this time, trying to work as long as I can until I am not able. I work for the a civilian police officer for the military dept, they had to waver me because of the narcotics I take for my back pain, don't know if that is legal or not. jbasser it was the AL that sent in the wrong paper work and yes they are working with me, I think they know there is a big problem they made and are trying to fix it. Berta the audit was requested on the same form as the rest of the calim and thinks for the in on the POA files. I upset one of the raters from the VA when he called me about on of the issues on my claim and was telling what he thought about my claim and told him what I thought about him and the next day all my claims were canceled had to go up to the VA and show them my file from the local county VA office with all the claims and where they had received them, I had to reopen my claims and I think somehow the old claims got opened back up and they are trying to rate me on them now even though I already have ratings on the claims. I also told the AL I talked with my lawyer all ready about this issue and they look at me funny and told me that is what they are for and my lawyer would want part of my money I get form the VA, i guess they thought I was dumb and thought he would do it for free. I guess they did not think a Police Officer had a lawyer, I told them I have a lawyer of my own for legal advice and if something happens at work. Thanks for all the help and advise.

Thanks Ken