Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Coming Soon

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Hello everyone!

Well I got a letter from the AMC that an exam had been ordered to resolve my case. Hope it's soon. Talked to my DAV rep who told me that it seems that the AMC has all the evidence they need, but I'm still digging! He felt like the exam would be in a couple weeks. Anyone have any suggestions, or things I should be aware of before taking this exam? The issue is service connection for back injury, Degenerative Disc Disease. Been on SSDI since June 2000.

I appreciate anything you have to offer,

Blackbird

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, I just went through this. All I can say is unless you have Unfavorable ankylosis of the entire spine which they will grant you 100%, you need to make sure that you advise them of any incapacitating episodes you are experiencing. The max is (incapacitating having a total duration of at least 6 weeks during the past 12 months.) You must be clear to the doctor about the pain, swelling and spasm that you are experiencing. If your family doctor can write a letter stating your incapacitating episodes that would help. Any EMG test which shows nerve damage would be great and show it to the CP examiner. I am tell you this because the examiner will not remember everything. I thought that they recorded the exam, but after looking at my CP report, I don't believe they do. Finally, you must tell them during the exam when you are told to move from side to side and front to back if it hurts. The doctor never asked me if I had pain and they will assume you’re OK. Good Luck

Roy

Yes, I just went through this. All I can say is unless you have Unfavorable ankylosis of the entire spine which they will grant you 100%, you need to make sure that you advise them of any incapacitating episodes you are experiencing. The max is (incapacitating having a total duration of at least 6 weeks during the past 12 months.) You must be clear to the doctor about the pain, swelling and spasm that you are experiencing. If your family doctor can write a letter stating your incapacitating episodes that would help. Any EMG test which shows nerve damage would be great and show it to the CP examiner. I am tell you this because the examiner will not remember everything. I thought that they recorded the exam, but after looking at my CP report, I don't believe they do. Finally, you must tell them during the exam when you are told to move from side to side and front to back if it hurts. The doctor never asked me if I had pain and they will assume you're OK. Good Luck

Roy

Hey Roy,

You gave me some good advise, I appreciate it. I did get a paper from the Dr. stating he knew I had 10-12 weeks of incapacitating time spent in bed over the last year, due to flare-ups with damaged nerve on back. I hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply,

Blackbird

Hello everyone!

Well I got a letter from the AMC that an exam had been ordered to resolve my case. Hope it's soon. Talked to my DAV rep who told me that it seems that the AMC has all the evidence they need, but I'm still digging! He felt like the exam would be in a couple weeks. Anyone have any suggestions, or things I should be aware of before taking this exam? The issue is service connection for back injury, Degenerative Disc Disease. Been on SSDI since June 2000.

I appreciate anything you have to offer,

Blackbird

Try to get agreement from your VA PC doc. Show him your private dr's reports and he will probably agree and enter it into your file. Get a copy of your file notes regarding your condition and send it to your VSO for submission to the VA. The claims examiner may not bother to read your file. What ever you send directly will be lost. They are not your friend and they don't care what you did for the liberty they enjoy. Good Luck and Pray.