VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Colonoscopy Prep

Rate this topic

I have survived my procedure--I think. OMG.

I do believe I was severely over-medicated though as I'm just now (12+ hours later) "waking up".

They had to keep me longer because my BP had dropped so low....low 80s/40s!!!!! And all they did was give me extra IV fluids! I was so out of it I couldn't ask for help. I recall my heart monitor kept going off; but they kept shutting it off!! It was turned away from me, so I couldn't see why it was going off...of course I have a pacemaker, but I wonder if they gave me so many knockout drugs that my pacemaker couldn't even keep up.

They said when I got there that my BP was already low (101/74), but they went ahead and gave me the following via IV: Demerol 100mg, Versed 5mg, & Phenergan 12.5 mg.

When they discharged me my BP was only 95/60-something....but I was the last pt there and they were wanting to get me out of there.

As far as the procedure itself, the doc said it was "normal" but that they did biopsy some polyps.

I'm going to check my BP again later to see if it's come back to normal yet.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...I'm still a little groggy today.

Got a call from my PCP's nurse, she said the soonest I can be seen for a f/u visit is Oct 1st! Guess I'll just do what I normally do and get a copy of my records and check out the test results for myself...