Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Exam

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I got a call, not a letter telling me I have PTSD C&P on 8/27/2009, I applied on 6/2/2009, why so fast

I have no prior Medical, and very little VA, no dx yet by My Dr., just medication and very littlle conversation???

I am getting a Contract Dr, Why? Is this good or Bad

When called the DR office, guess who answer the Examing Dr, we talk clear up the address, and I asked do have my information packet, she said No, just a worksheet, What is this about, why submit a packet if it doesn't get to the DR

Does this tell me that they are Fast Tracking, just to get it over

Female Doctor, just my guess, this is a new project for her. Contracting for the VA, I don't want to be her project to show how she going to save the VA $

I want to be prepare, get a fair C&P, and get a accurate rating.

Just confused about the quickness, with no VA medical finding as of yet

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

High hopes, not at all, I have literally less then 1/2 hour of mental health, nothing in military record,

I submitted strssor letter, plus other items, and all of sudden I get a notice for PTSD C&P

that why I am asking questions.

What does the rater who requested C&P doubt, or ie he and she just wanting so evidence to denie

Still curious why all of sudden everything happened after they did a suicide prevention plan

or is this the way it goes.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are getting a C&P exam for PTSD, so this is your chance to get a rating. If the exam doctor says you have PTSD and says it is severe you should get a good rating as long as your stressor is verifiable.

Thank you John999

I ass u me that when my Mental health Dr gave me pills that said treatment for PTSD, in her opinion, I have PTSD is this unfair to assume as a DX

Could she be giving all these meds without DX

My stressor are verifiable, there are so many, not counting what I have in my head, heart, and memory

Thank you John999

I ass u me that when my Mental health Dr gave me pills that said treatment for PTSD, in her opinion, I have PTSD is this unfair to assume as a DX

My stressor are verifiable, there are so many, not counting what I have in my head, heart, and memory

smg,

Just go to the C&P and present your self as you really are on your worst days.

If you try and play the doc's they see right through it so be yourself.

If you do have something where a doctor has stated you have PTSD - take it with you,

even if it's only your bottles of pills - if they say for PTSD - take a bottle with you,

as the C&P examiner may or may not have your records

Talk to the C&P doc about your stressor - not 3 or 4 of them - focus on the main one

and how PTSD effects you daily life. If you have someone that can go with you,

take them.

Hadit's homepage has a link to C&P exams if you want to check them out.

carlie

Thank you John999

Thank you for the advice,

I just think they are rushing the C&P without input for Va Mental health

• HadIt.com Elder

sgmdae, when I had my cp exam the examiner had my c-file and already knew that they were going to rate me. The c-file she had look thicker than the one that I have. In my opinion, the c-p was just for the purpose of evaluating a percentage. But, that may not apply to everybodies situation. I was pretty nervous when I went and sort of just froze. Weird, it was like I didn't want to piss off the examiner and rate me at 0%. If I had another c-p, I would just go with the flow and be wary. You'll be fine.

t&b