VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wife Representative

Rate this question

gp747

Question

ok i have filed a nod and sent in a form 9 to contest my eed. i have had it with vso's and what have you. they did not do s--t to help me win my claim,if anything they cost me .

because for years i thought they were working on my case and one day i called and they did not even know who the hell i was. i panicked and immediately found hadit and got the ball to rolling and would have lost if i did not interveine.

now when i sent in the form 9 asked at the bottom who was representing me and i put n/a .

i am thinking of my wife as my representative ,is that a problem?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Skunk, if you've got someone in your family willing to help you work your VA claims issues, that's great. You can have anyone you want do this work with or for you, and in fact, your wife has a vested interest in the success of your claims.

I handle all my husband's VA claims issues, but he signs everything, and all paperwork is submitted over his name, not mine.

However, on paper, he is listed as not having a VSO, because I am not a "certified" VSO affiliated with any agency or organization offering this service. We've never found that to be a problem.

On the rare occasions we've had to call the VARO, the Appeals Management Center or the Board, he's gotten on the phone first and authorized my speaking to them about his claims, then he hands me the phone, and they speak with me.

Hope that answers your question.

Anyone as I understand it can formally rep a vet on a one time basis.

I think this is explained at the VA web site.

But it does not matter- as you will be signing anything your wife prepares.

MY POA dumped me and I challenged it at the BVA-it isnt on the docket yet and might even be a moot point now.

I did much better without the POA.

Anyone as I understand it can formally rep a vet on a one time basis.

I think this is explained at the VA web site.

But it does not matter- as you will be signing anything your wife prepares.

MY POA dumped me and I challenged it at the BVA-it isnt on the docket yet and might even be a moot point now.

I did much better without the POA.

that is what i am thinking berta , i won my claim the last time and the poa's were awol,when i needed them. i feel i can get enough info from hadit to present my claim as good as any poa. especially if my wife helps.

Skunk, if you've got someone in your family willing to help you work your VA claims issues, that's great. You can have anyone you want do this work with or for you, and in fact, your wife has a vested interest in the success of your claims.

I handle all my husband's VA claims issues, but he signs everything, and all paperwork is submitted over his name, not mine.

However, on paper, he is listed as not having a VSO, because I am not a "certified" VSO affiliated with any agency or organization offering this service. We've never found that to be a problem.

On the rare occasions we've had to call the VARO, the Appeals Management Center or the Board, he's gotten on the phone first and authorized my speaking to them about his claims, then he hands me the phone, and they speak with me.

Hope that answers your question.

ah yes that is what we did ,especially since i cannot hear ,she was pretty well doing everything for the poa i had.

ah yes that is what we did ,especially since i cannot hear ,she was pretty well doing everything for the poa i had.

On the other hand, you may want to keep your POA just for the purpose of tracking your stuff in the computer, if that's important to you, without actually having him do anything on your claims (which from what you're saying is pretty much how things were handled, anyway). Anything you file, you can copy him on, but of course, mail it yourself. This is the disadvantage of not using a VSO. Some of these reps get really upset of you handle your own claims and just use them as a tracking device, but there are others out there who don't mind a bit.