VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Has A Facebook Account

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I stumbled across the VA's facebook account. Since, from the little I read, there were no negative things there, I assume this account is hidden from Veterans.

Maybe some hadit members should provide our comments, instead of the flag waiving VA praising comments the VA wants the public to believe.

Its here:

http://www.facebook.com/VeteransHealth

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I am not too worried about being banned from VBN...after all, the Bible was banned from schools, so I am not really that worried about it. I am not even sure if I was banned, or just forgot my password.

If I was banned from VBN, I have some good company. A few examples, not that I really am in the class of any of these:

1. One student was told he could not learn math...and flunked out. His name was Albert Einstein.

2. Another student wrote a business plan..his teacher, at an Ivy league college, gave him an F. He went on, persued the business plan anyway, and founded Federal Express.

3. Still another student dropped out or flunked out of his college. So this student was "self taught" at the library. Later, this "student" decided to help libraries and gave many of them computers. He did fairly well for a drop out..his name is Bill Gates and he is the wealthiest man in the world.

4. One record company had a new band apply at his company. They had a new style of music. The record company rejected them. He just did not think this new group, called the "Beetles" would ever take off.

5. A new basketball player failed to make his high school basketball team. This failure motivated him to get better. Perhaps you have heard of him. His name is Micahel Jordan, and is perhaps the best basketball player in history.

Edited by broncovet

Just a thought about 2 things:

I'm not sure what negatives have been posted on the Facebook page listed, but if the VA Facebook page is for the VHA and not the VBA is it fair to go on there and criticize the Benefits part of VA? I can understand if you have received poor health care from VA (I have not and have actually received better health care from them in the past year than any civilian Dr. I've had since my discharge in 1994).

Also, if this other website is run by current VA employees and they are representing themselves as employees giving advice OUTSIDE of the VA then I would think that the site could be reported to the VA IG for employees acting "unbecoming" (like the good old Article 134 of the UCMJ, the General Article known to us as Conduct Unbecoming of a Marine). I know that as a firefighter for the city I live in I am in no way allowed to use that status to conduct any form of business or to present myself in that capacity unless I voluntarily stop to assist a person in distress. Anyone caught doing this (asking for favors for being a fireman, mentioning their position in the FD in advertisement of a side business, etc.) has been charged with "Conduct Unbecoming" and have been disciplined.

Just my thoughts.