VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Settled @ The Bva

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

My case at the BVA was finally 'settled' on 9/8/09. Does anyone know what that term means? I tried to do a google search for the term on hadit.com from my phone last night but had major issues.

So if this has been posted before someone can post the link as my response.

Thanks bunches :P

Edited by 1994andcouting.....

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just called the regional office and I was told that they cant 'see' anything (letters going out, ratings,etc) because my file isnt back from the BVA yet. That I should receive a packet in the mail soon and if I dont agree with the 'complete' decision it will give me steps on what to do next.

Hmmmm "complete" decision............Maybe two conditions (which are the ones that my VA doc said are service connected) out of the four I claimed? I wonder..........nervous and on pins and needles.........

• HadIt.com Elder

Just watch for your mailman Saturday.

Everything I have ever received has always been on a Saturday.

I couldn't believe my large retro check was also delivered by my mailman on a Saturday.

I danced with that check all weekend trying to figure where to hide it.

I did live to make it to the bank first thing Monday Morning, but it sure was difficult.

Always the Best to You,

Betty

Just watch for your mailman Saturday.

Everything I have ever received has always been on a Saturday.

I couldn't believe my large retro check was also delivered by my mailman on a Saturday.

I danced with that check all weekend trying to figure where to hide it.

I did live to make it to the bank first thing Monday Morning, but it sure was difficult.

Always the Best to You,

Betty

WOW thanks Betty, I asked my kids to help me stay away from the PO box until Saturday. How ironic!!!! well one more day..........I have been shaking ever since I heard that term 'complete decision'. :P

PS My mail is normally in the box by 10 am and since my Credit Union stays open on Saturday until 1pm hopefully I wont have to wait that long IF I get a check like that LOL

Edited by 1994andcouting.....

I was denied on all my issues:

Degenerative disc disease

fibromyalgia

depression

lower back

I messed up by not going for treatment at the VA from 91-01. I was seeing private docs but I havent been able to find proof. Im still looking for my old medical bills and records but no luck so far.

However, the BVA did refer my recent PTSD diagnosis due to MST back to the RO for further development. Now I just have to wrap my mind around talking about that again.

Thanks to everyone for your support and I have learned a lot about the VA system being on hadit. I hope that no one gives up and that you fight until the end.

As for me Im going to hit the Hadit archives and do some research so I can know what Im doing on this PTSD claim. But I doubt if I will fight as long on this one because I dont know if I can anymore. This one may take the wind out of me which is why it took so long for me to say anything in the first place.

This squid girl has spent 15 years of her 39 fighting and Im tired. ;)

PS by the way I got the envelope on Friday. :D