VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vsr Called

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I received a call and I thought it was from the DAV rep that is processing my claims. They asked me if I would like to file a claim for some of the conditions that I wrote on my Statment in Support of Claim Form for IU. I said I wasn't sure and they said that I should do it. This person was a young girl and I thought she worked for the DAV. I said I have some medical records the the VA never received from the hospital when I had a procedure. She said mail them to her and I said I would drive them up to the office. I went up there and checked into the deck where you can see the different groups that represent vet. I asked for the person I talked to on the phone from the DAV and was told she is a VSR.

My question is --Is is unusual for the VSR people to contact the vet? Is this how it works sometimes?

Bill

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Sure it was DAV? Make sure you verify who's on the other end. These days no telling who's out there trying to fraud veterans. Did you get the girls name? If you did call the DAV back and ask if she works there. I would call them back anyway just to make sure.

I'm finding it kind of odd that they would have called you.

DH

I received a call and I thought it was from the DAV rep that is processing my claims. They asked me if I would like to file a claim for some of the conditions that I wrote on my Statment in Support of Claim Form for IU. I said I wasn't sure and they said that I should do it. This person was a young girl and I thought she worked for the DAV. I said I have some medical records the the VA never received from the hospital when I had a procedure. She said mail them to her and I said I would drive them up to the office. I went up there and checked into the deck where you can see the different groups that represent vet. I asked for the person I talked to on the phone from the DAV and was told she is a VSR.

My question is --Is is unusual for the VSR people to contact the vet? Is this how it works sometimes?

Bill

Unusual but it can happen-

usually something on the caller ID will identify that it is the VA- but sometimes not-

Darkhorse is right-

There are many fraudulent people out there-a recent scam was telling vets their were the VA and they needed bank account info for depositing the comp check.

I dont mean to sound paranoid, it is just that there are unscrupulous people out there trying to get us.

Bertha,

When I went to the VA I asked for this person and I gave her my paperwork from the hospital. She was legit but she wasn't working for the DAV but worked as a VSR.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

OMG!

Someone from the VA, actually working "inferred" claims!

I feel as if a hole opened up and swallowed me and this is kinda like the dream that Dorothy had, sans Toto!

OMG!

Someone from the VA, actually working "inferred" claims!

I feel as if a hole opened up and swallowed me and this is kinda like the dream that Dorothy had, sans Toto!

If we could only make that everyday by everyone behavior!