VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clarification For Top213

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

My dear sir, before you go away being mad at some really outstanding veterans on this site I just wanted to point out a couple of things to you in an effort to assist you in seeing clearly.

First your original topic sited TITLE 45. I am sure this is in reference to Title 45, CFR as Title 45 of the US Code covers Railroads. Title 45 my friend pertains to Public welfare. In paragraph (a) it discusses programs or activities which receives FEDERAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. The VA does not receive federal financial assistance it is a federally funded program. Title 45 was truly written so that state programs such as those under HUD, Health and Human services, Food Stamp, Educational programs etc..... who receive FEDERAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE to help the states offset the costs of such programs would not and could not legally discriminate against one based upon race, religion, age, sex.

Then if you will take a look at the last paragraph in your post, still referencing Title 45, in simplistic terms it provides that if there is a regulation or law which withholds a federal benefit of the same kind then Title 45 would not pertain to a state which withheld the same benefit.

Meaning that since )under the umbrella of Title 38 USC), 38 CFR specifically 38 CFR 17.160 -17.164 only authorizes dental care to persons with a 100 percent disability or POW status then a state who received federal assistance with a dental program for the poor or disabled would not be bound by Title 45 when it came to providing treatment to disabled veterans under that paticular state program.

So I hope this helps to clairfy your situation and remove your feelings of discrimination. Title 45 only applies to State run programs which receive federal dollars in support of them support them. Title 45 does not pertain to any federal program such as VA for that is covered under Title 38 USC and CFR 38.

If you have a problem with how the VA dental program is run then please attack congress with the issue and not the great people of Hadit. If we can be of any assistance to you please let us know.

This can be closed if needed, I just wanted to clarify the difference a program covered by Title 45 and a program full funded by federal law as I felt there was just a bit of confusion.

Edited by Clown Man

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question