Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vba

Rate this question

grent

Question

I DID MY DRO HEARING WHICH WAS A SHAM BUT ANYWAY I KNEW THAT AS WE ALL DO AS VETERANS

I GOT MY SOC DENIAL

DID MY FORM 9 IN 10 DAYS

CHECKED I WANTED HEARING IN WASHINGTON AT BVA

SENT EVERYTHING BACK TO THE VARO

QUESTION

NOW WHAT HAPPENS

DOES WASHINGTON BVA CONTACT ME

DO I HAVE TO GO

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Instructions to filing a VA Form 9

Here is specific information about each of the check boxes in block 8.

Block 8. It is very important for you to check one, and only one, of the boxes in block 8. This lets us know whether or not you want an opportunity to appear personally before one or more members of the BVA to give them information about your case, and, if so, where you want to appear. If you do not check one of the boxes, BVA will assume that you DO NOT want a BVA hearing.

If you ask for a hearing, you and your representative (if you have one) can tell us why you think the BVA should act favorably on your appeal (present argument). You can also tell us about the facts behind your claim and you can bring others (witnesses) to the hearing who have information to give the BVA about your case. At your option, you can submit more evidence at a hearing requested on this form. If you do ask for a hearing, it can be very helpful to have a representative assist you at the hearing.

Box A: You may feel that you have already sent VA everything the BVA will need to decide your case. It is not necessary for you to have a hearing for BVA to decide your appeal. Check this box if you decide that you do not want a hearing. If you check this box, do not check any of the other boxes in block 8.

Boxes B and C: Check box B or box C if you want to appear in person before a member, or members, of the BVA to present your case. We have provided two different boxes because you can have your BVA hearing in one of two different places. You can have your hearing at the BVA's offices in Washington, DC, or you can ask for a BVA hearing at your local VA office. In making your decision, you should know that VA cannot pay any expenses you (or your representative or witnesses) incur in connection with attending a hearing. Having your BVA hearing at your local VA office is usually less expensive for you, because you won't have as much expense for travel for yourself, your witnesses, and your representative. On the other hand, it sometimes takes longer to get your case added to the calendar for BVA hearings at local VA offices because BVA members conduct hearings in the field only during special trips. You can check with your local VA office to get an estimate of how long it may be before your case could be scheduled for a BVA hearing there.

Now is the waiting game, yes they will contact you. I think and I may be wrong, once they contact you about what date your hearing will be, you can tell them you accept or you need to change the location of the hearing and give a good reason why they should accept your change.

i would like to know also can i change my decision on my form 9 down the line?

can i request i do not want a hearing in washington but now i would like a travelling local hearing

or once i make the decision thats it

also if i move to another area can that varo recall my appeal and award if they feel the original varo was wrong??

thanks

Instructions to filing a VA Form 9

Here is specific information about each of the check boxes in block 8.

Block 8. It is very important for you to check one, and only one, of the boxes in block 8. This lets us know whether or not you want an opportunity to appear personally before one or more members of the BVA to give them information about your case, and, if so, where you want to appear. If you do not check one of the boxes, BVA will assume that you DO NOT want a BVA hearing.

If you ask for a hearing, you and your representative (if you have one) can tell us why you think the BVA should act favorably on your appeal (present argument). You can also tell us about the facts behind your claim and you can bring others (witnesses) to the hearing who have information to give the BVA about your case. At your option, you can submit more evidence at a hearing requested on this form. If you do ask for a hearing, it can be very helpful to have a representative assist you at the hearing.

Box A: You may feel that you have already sent VA everything the BVA will need to decide your case. It is not necessary for you to have a hearing for BVA to decide your appeal. Check this box if you decide that you do not want a hearing. If you check this box, do not check any of the other boxes in block 8.

Boxes B and C: Check box B or box C if you want to appear in person before a member, or members, of the BVA to present your case. We have provided two different boxes because you can have your BVA hearing in one of two different places. You can have your hearing at the BVA's offices in Washington, DC, or you can ask for a BVA hearing at your local VA office. In making your decision, you should know that VA cannot pay any expenses you (or your representative or witnesses) incur in connection with attending a hearing. Having your BVA hearing at your local VA office is usually less expensive for you, because you won't have as much expense for travel for yourself, your witnesses, and your representative. On the other hand, it sometimes takes longer to get your case added to the calendar for BVA hearings at local VA offices because BVA members conduct hearings in the field only during special trips. You can check with your local VA office to get an estimate of how long it may be before your case could be scheduled for a BVA hearing there.

Now is the waiting game, yes they will contact you. I think and I may be wrong, once they contact you about what date your hearing will be, you can tell them you accept or you need to change the location of the hearing and give a good reason why they should accept your change.

got another question what happens as far comp pension exams if a vet is living in africa or brazil does the c file stay at the last varo or get transferred to colorado va which is i heard called the overseas varo any comments thanks

You can send them an addendum to the I-9- which is just a letter changing the hearing from Washington to the traveling board-

If I were you I would send this letter with a USPS tracking slip and proof of postage to both the BVA and to the VARO.

If they failed to consider any evidence or you have more evidence I suggest getting a response to them within 30 days of the SOC decision.

Hearings-wether BVA or traveling board-take a long time to occur-this gives you plenty of time to get more medical evidence.

The SOC will say what is lacking in the claim. That is the key to what they need.

I would send additional evidence as you find it- to the VARO and the BVA as soon as the claim is transferred to the BVA.

I sent BVA evidence even after they ordered a C & P- and copies of what should have been in the C file- but having lost trust in the VARO here in NY_after 6 years had passed since I filed the claim-and all the evidence had been ignored- I re-copied and sent much of it all again to the BVA.

I dont recall the particulars of your claim but if you dont have an IMO yet- time to consider getting one-if their denial is based on medical evidence.

My DAV SO put in an NOD for my DMII and requested a DRO review. Is this the same as a DRO hearing?

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder
My DAV SO put in an NOD for my DMII and requested a DRO review. Is this the same as a DRO hearing?

Papa

No a review is they look at your claim and a Hearing you go there and present your case.