Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Washington Reviews Done At The Ro

Rate this question

Josh

Question

Greetings all hope all is well with you.

I called the Houston Texas RO Claims office recently and ask about my 1151 claim. After looking up my claim the claims director indicated my claim should have been reviewed long ago. Considering the incident began in 1993 and was submitted in 1999 after getting out of the nursing home I had been in for nearly 3 years, you would think it would have moved further. they indicate the claim was filed in 2002 (I need to check my archived files for exact dates)still along time before an answer.)

Well, the Claims Officer I spoke with at the time said "Although, your paperwork should have been sent to Washingtom,long ago it is still here.

All I could say was EXCUSE ME?

He went on to say he would make sure that it would have prompt attention, that was 3 months ago and still nothing.

He did go on to say in the conversation that the Washington Reviewer was coming to Houston to review files and so the records would be kept in Houston and be reviewed ASAP. I said great and here we are no answer. I was expecting an August reply but nothing.

Does what I am typing here sound like BS to you all? It's not and here I sit and wait...

Would a reviewer or review "team" ever be sent to a RO to do such a thing and if so has anybody at the Houston RO been told or know anything about this?

Oh yes. During that call I ask about MY ORIGINAL set of MRI+'s which I had proof of submission were and he idicated "we typically do not review that type of information. And they were not in the files Again EXCUSE ME....

That is the absolute picture image of what YOUR DOCTOS LET GO FOR YEARS and you don't review it? What??????????

This is a still developing story and I will be calling again when I get into the city next week.

Again if anybody knows or has information regarding the socalled DC reviewers going to the HOUSTON RO, olease let me know.

I am in South America basically out in the jungle and need more green.. Just not green snakes like you see attached-

Joseph

Joseph

Cartagena, Colombia

Boulder Colorado

post-300-1253329596_thumb.jpg

post-300-1253330292_thumb.jpg

post-300-1253330433_thumb.jpg

Edited by Josh

[font=Verdana]

Joseph Hertrich (Josh)

Cartagena Colombia

Boulder Colorado

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Josh

You need to file a "Special Handling Request" (for your shredded evidence), and you need to do so quickly so that it is RECEIVED by the RO by Nov. 17.

Story is here:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfmar09/nf031509-3.htm

For more information about shreddergate, go

http://www.vawatchdog.org/VAshredderscandal.htm

I was born in Denver..go broncos!