Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poll : When You Were Rated Unemployable Iu

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Was there a clear statement on your c&p exam declaring your unemployability? And did that statement appear on the rating decision?

Did the examiner or rating decision say "I feel, I believe, I declare .vet is unemployable? totally unemployable?'

a.unemployable due to service connected health condtions? or b.unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities" or

c.unemployable because of service connected conditions"

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was awarded IU based on what the CP doc said as well as what was in my progress notes from the VA psych docs I can upload the finding and decision if you'd like me to.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Betty and Navydoc for confirming exams to rating decisions. Its just a matter of time to see how it goes for me. Someday I'll find the IU cases that got my attention, where the findings and ratings didn't match. This exam generally states "I feel vet is unemployable due to service connection conditions". Praying, praying....

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was awarded TDIU P&T based on my back (50%) and my mental (50%) together. I have many other service connections including asthma (30%) which is the next highest rating, but the nurse practitioner examiner for my TDIU claim never answered the question was I unemployable (go figure).

Here is what her expert opinion of my disabilities was:

Asthma - mild to moderate functional loss

Back - mild to moderate functional loss (tell this one to my wife and kids LOL)

Lower extremity weakness (back) - subjective complaints of weakness - no functional loss or atrophy (good thing I had another spine doctor measure my lower muscle groups (calves, thighs, etc.) which showed they are unsymmetrical and have atrophy and muscle wasting due to my service connected back L3-S1)

Chronic testicular pain - mild to moderate functional loss

Hypertension - no functional loss

Eczema - no functional loss

They ordered a mental exam for TDIU and that examiner stated "it cannot be concluded to the extent that it is at least as likely as not that his mental health condition alone renders him to the point of unemployablility. It should be noted, however, that his back pain combined with anxiety / depressive symptoms and substance dependence, when viewed in total, are the cause of significant impairment."

I'm still waiting for the award letter for more language but I know they quoted this exactly in the summary of the rating decision that my SO got.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Davmarine, looks like they did good by you, but I am just another vet. When I read anywhere the pharsed words examiners and the VA uses 'least likely as not' and the other set statements, my brain feels fried trying to figure them out. :)

Were you rated unemployable before or after this exam?

All the best to ya,

Cowgirl'up2009!

• HadIt.com Elder
Was there a clear statement on your c&p exam declaring your unemployability? And did that statement appear on the rating decision?

Did the examiner or rating decision say "I feel, I believe, I declare .vet is unemployable? totally unemployable?'

a.unemployable due to service connected health condtions? or b.unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities" or

c.unemployable because of service connected conditions"

I never was awared IU I was given 100% schedular based on ym shrinks annual statements that he considered me permanently and totally disabled just by my PTSD symptoms alone regardless of my other issues and that given I had been coping badly with the symptoms since 1975 he felt that I would never improve he wrote basically the same statement inmy treatment records in Feb 204, 2005 and 2006 when they awarded the 100%

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."