Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need To See A Therapist?

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

I only see my Theriapist every 6months for 10mins..lol I don't feel comfortable doing group therapy..I was wondering how can you see a Theriapist atleast every 2 weeks or so? Do ou have to do walk ins? I couldn't get a straight answer from my local VA!!! I see a outside theriapist now ,but that is to costly as I have to pay it myself...

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

C&P man is your combined service connection rating? I just got TDIU but when I was 70% fee basis would pay for my civilian therapist. The key is you can't use insurance if you have it and see the professional. Meaning you need to find out what the therapist would charge straight up no insurance. I get approved for my pain clinic, chiropractor, massage therapist, etc. I think you need to be 60% to ask. I was suprised they were so willing to pay for me to go to outside providers. Do you really want to role the dice with a VA therapist anyway????????????????

• HadIt.com Elder

Lay it on the line. Tell them you need more than a medication Doc and would like to try talk therapy and that you don't want group. See what they say.

c & p man,

You can also check here to see if

there is a Vet Center in your area.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/

I am 50 % so mediacal is covered..I have a local VA I go too.. I asked about theriapist they siad VA will not pay for a serc\vice the VA can porvide...lol Last time I seen my theripist ws almost 1 year ago? Also you said the chropircter is paid for ? I THOUGHT they would not pay for something like that?

I am 50 % so mediacal is covered..I have a local VA I go too.. I asked about theriapist they siad VA will not pay for a serc\vice the VA can porvide...lol Last time I seen my theripist ws almost 1 year ago? Also you said the chropircter is paid for ? I THOUGHT they would not pay for something like that?

c&p man,

I posted the Vet Center information for you because they provide therapy there

and will do so on a basis more frequently than the VA, in most cases.

carlie

I only see my Theriapist every 6months for 10mins..lol I don't feel comfortable doing group therapy..I was wondering how can you see a Theriapist atleast every 2 weeks or so? Do ou have to do walk ins? I couldn't get a straight answer from my local VA!!! I see a outside theriapist now ,but that is to costly as I have to pay it myself...

I found that going through the VA to get a "FeeBasis" therapist is the best way. You will be able to see them as many times as needed. I found this works if

1. you live to far away from the VA

2. unable to travel due to distance or Cost, Injury's or all.

This will have to be done through your regular head shrink. Plus you can get what I found to be better help with out feeling your with someone with an ax to grind and they give give good weight to a claim if your seeking an increase or service connection..but you must really have $$ issues for it to get approval..

Good luck....Yog