• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I take it that Mark's 100% schedular is a combination of ratings. If it were for just PTSD or depression I don't see how he could have got it for a mental condition and still be working. When the 100% is just for one condition I think it is easier to understand how that one condition would be permanent and total. I just wonder if all the conditions have to be found to be P&T? One way to go at this would be for Mark to make a major effort to get one condition granted 100% schedular and then he could get SMC and everything would really fall into place.

John- you have great expertise on this issue too-

you made an excellent point-

I do not understand 100% well-

If one is schedular- is it more or less advantageous than 100% TDIU?

I think P & T and SMC has to be considered for both types????

but I am not sure here at all-

Someone mentioned former VA secretary Max Clelland some time back-

He was VA Sec for a while and also catastrophically disabled. It took him over an hour to get dressed for work.

Loss of legs and one arm-WIA- Vietnam.

Chesty Puller's(USMC) son Lewis too-

catastrophically disability - WIA Vietnam- and also PTSD.

He was a lawyer at VACO.

He committed suicide.

Would these men be considered 100% TDIU if they didnt work and 100% schedular because they did???

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

Maybe Flip knows better but I don't think you can be 100% schedular for PTSD or any mental problem and work 40 hours a week even if it is for minimum wage. I think if the VA finds out a 100% PTSD vet is working he is going to have a problem. The first question they asked me at all my mental health C&P exams was "Are you working?".

I was told by my SO that some 100% xan work. Others cannot. In my case, I big part of my PTSD is inability to hold a jopb. Now - ther are exceptionms to what they call "gainful employment". Apparently gainful family business doesn't count for working... If you work a serious of short but basically jobs below your potential in a year - you are still not considered as having "gainful employment".

As the SO dsaid - it depends on the reason you are 100% SC.

Rose

Pardon my butting in, but just wanted an opinion. I was 70% TDIU for PTSD from 1994 to 1996, at which time the VA called me in for a C&P on PTSD. They changed my 70%TDIU to 100% P&T for PTSD. There's no possible way for me to work with my PTSD and my other 70% s/c connected conditions, especially back problems from a booby trap in Nam. I know that it's harder to change a TDIU rating, I was just wondering if I ever had problems with the VA, would the fact that I WAS TDIU and have never worked since I was rated that, would it play a part in them screwing with my rating. I guess that even after all these years, I still am kinda paranoid in my distrust in the VA. I have another question about a friend I will post.