VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso Drops A Teaser, Maybe I'm Getting Granted Afterall...

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

For those following my particular saga of Lying, record falsifying C&P exams and reports, There may be a change in forecast. as reported on another topic, I got an IRIS response that said a decision was made on 22 Sept. and allowing for adminstrative work, I should be getting official word soon.

My VSO with the Texas Veterans Commission has been in Dallas for training followed by some doctors appointments after so today was the first day I could get ahold of him. The idiots in St Louis or wherever the 1-800 call center is these days didn't even see that I had gotten a decision until I told him. So having gotten ahold of R. (my VSO) he checked the computer and said he'd go up and see what he could find out. He called me back with a wondrously vague and wholly unexpected report.

He said.....

"(near as I recall the conversation) "You should be very pleased at your rating, very happy indeed." They didn't grant 100% because he went on to say,... "When you get your award letter, you may want to right me with instructions to drop the appeal. I think you'll be that happy with it that you will want to."

I can't imagine what he might think would have me willing to drop my appeal, unless it is mere wishful thinking on his part, - but I can think of one thing that would get me to drop it now... Since I have a multiple item claim including TDIU (for which I was short on percentage points being so far only rated at 40%), if they grant that, then I would be willing to let it slide, (assuming that would allow me to pick it back up at a later date should it become needful.)

Would a grant of TDIU allow my wife to be able to use VA health care? Has to be "permanent & total", doesn't it? Well, I ain't likely to get any better unless they think that back surgery they offered would cure me.

I had said he was vague. That was all he would tell me. Nothing specific. He did allow the paper work was delayed because they forgot to figure my dependents in the rating so had to send it back for correction. Otherwise, he said give it 10 days to two weeks.

Anyhow, there you have it. I will not hope since that has long ago become a luxury I can't afford and prayer effectively useless if not outright negatively resultant. So it's just going to be a long two weeks.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Another example to not throw up hands in despair cause you take exception to some part of C&P exam.

Good Luck I agree with John and Sharon.

Another example to not throw up hands in despair cause you take exception to some part of C&P exam.

Good Luck I agree with John and Sharon.

Thanks for the good wishes.

With all due respect, it isn't just a "part" of it. It isn't even most of it. It's the whole- bloody- stinking- thing... from 1st page to the last "it isn't medically feasible..." The only thing they gave on was to even admit I did have some health problems. They have even denied that previously.

It's (the exam report) waayyy too long to just post here but I will gladly make the rag available to anybody who wants to see it.

Annddd, after 4 or 5 years (not as long as some, I grant you) I should think I have some right to "despair."

Somebody should go to prison for this thing. Don't to worry. I'm not nearly naive enough to think anybody will so much as get their wrist slapped. Probably got a bonus for creative report writing! :huh:

Please excuse me for the overflow of bitterness, but as the old saying goes, "my cup runneth over..."