Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Am I Such A Pain In The Neck?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I know that I "ticked off" a few people on here. I think it is because of "Empty nest syndrome". You see, when you are a parent, you have to be a pain in the neck to your kids. You have to make em do stuff they dont want to do...you have to make em get up, and get dressed, when sometimes they would rather sleep. You have to make em go to school, when they would rather play hookie. You have to make em eat vegetables, when they would just as soon eat candy bars 3 times a day...etc etc.

And now, they are gone. One of my sons is in Iraq, as some of you know.

I cant hardly watch the news. I do anyway, and whenever someone is reported killed in Iraq, I go ballistic. I know what it is like in the military, and I understand why "military intelligence" is an oxymoron..first hand.

So, I guess I am being a pain in the neck to you guys. Sometimes I think maybe those military leaders were a pain in the neck to us because they missed their famialies, too.

Thanks for putting up with me.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a cure.

If you are able too, get you a Fly Fishing kit, head to some streams in CO. and catch some of those beautiful rainbows that swim in your state.

Find something to keep you busy.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

This is an emotional place. Lot's of folks get testy time to time. I can't share your pain. I can only sympathize as my boys are still school ages. I can and do still fear for the world they must mature into.

I agree that idle hands and mind are no good. If you can't get to a fishing stream, get a piece of wood and make something with it. I find that putting an old fashioned oil finish onto a piece of wood is very calming. Looks a darn sight better than any poly finish too! If that doesn't do it, get a pocket knife, a chunk of 2x4 (FSP not yellow pine) and make a toothpick.

Josephine...

The really ironic part of it, as pointed out by the attorney on Watchdog, Espermar, is that the VA is SUPPOSED to be NON adversarial. The reality is that the VA fights Veterans tooth and nail for every nickel. Its easier to pluck the nose hair off a mad mother grisley bear than to try to get the VA to pay the Veteran his just benefits. Many Veterans say the Va is much more adversarial than, say the Viet Cong.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bronco, prayers of safety for your son. I cannot imagine that he would want you to worry, even though we as parents never stop worrying about the kiddos. Confidence exudes confidence.

Husband here talks about retiring sooner or later and I talked to him about doing an activity or hobby. Here is where I'll call him a 'turkey', he is now studying job wanted ads!! And I was thinking all the 'to do's' would 'get done' round here, him and I doing our own activites or ..... Ha. Could be if IU came through, he'd delay looking for the 'next' thing for a while. Then again, I heard about some couples retiring and gettin on each others nerves when routines change. So maybe part-time work for him would be okay until the kiddos are er, independent. Then we'll both have empty nest syndrome - :huh:. Any advance advice welcome? thanks.

Pain in the neck? Hope we all are! That's why we're at Hadit, struggling with an archaic system trying to extract benefits and compensation due.

Cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!