Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Am I Such A Pain In The Neck?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I know that I "ticked off" a few people on here. I think it is because of "Empty nest syndrome". You see, when you are a parent, you have to be a pain in the neck to your kids. You have to make em do stuff they dont want to do...you have to make em get up, and get dressed, when sometimes they would rather sleep. You have to make em go to school, when they would rather play hookie. You have to make em eat vegetables, when they would just as soon eat candy bars 3 times a day...etc etc.

And now, they are gone. One of my sons is in Iraq, as some of you know.

I cant hardly watch the news. I do anyway, and whenever someone is reported killed in Iraq, I go ballistic. I know what it is like in the military, and I understand why "military intelligence" is an oxymoron..first hand.

So, I guess I am being a pain in the neck to you guys. Sometimes I think maybe those military leaders were a pain in the neck to us because they missed their famialies, too.

Thanks for putting up with me.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Got something for you to do. Take up baking. That way you can send out cakes and pies for birthday, anniversities, graduations etc. I like plan old pound cake. B)

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Bronco,

You are no more pain than any one else. Hang in there. Keep reading and posting. Every now and then someone throws a curve ball. Just remember: a lot of home runs have been hit off of curve balls. It takes a lot to tick me off, you are just a mosquito bite compared to the VA. Jump back in, the water is fine.

Cowgirl

Yes, I do have advice. Enjoy your kids while you can, for soon, they will be gone. Teach them by example, they wont hear your words. Do give them praise, but only on the things they have done well and put forth a lot of effort. (Dont give them fake praise, or praise for everything...remember if you praise them for showing up for school one day in a week, while the other days they played hookie..they will see the satire in your praise...even if you give your praise lovingly)

Nail your kids on the little things they do wrong, love em on the big things. Everyone always does it the other way. If you dont bother to mention anything about their little "white lie", then dont be suprised if your daughter sneaks out with their boyfriend and gets pregnant. If u love em on the "big things", then maybe she will tell you before she makes some bad choices. Or, maybe by nailing them on the little things, you wont get to the big things. When kids mess up bad, that is when they need a loving parent the most, not when they forgot to pick up their socks. Be a pain in the neck to them when they tell a white lie, or forget to pick up their socks. "Call em on the carpet" so they dont want that to happen again.

Thanks..

VMO

Yes its true. Vets now have a common enemy...not the Viet Cong, the Germans, or the Japanese. Now its the VA. By pretending to be "non adversarial" the VA lures its Veteran victims to think the Vet doesnt NEED to make copies of stuff he sends to the VA. Instead of calling Veterans "claimants" we should be called "victims", like they do in private life.

• HadIt.com Elder
I know that I "ticked off" a few people on here. I think it is because of "Empty nest syndrome". You see, when you are a parent, you have to be a pain in the neck to your kids. You have to make em do stuff they dont want to do...you have to make em get up, and get dressed, when sometimes they would rather sleep. You have to make em go to school, when they would rather play hookie. You have to make em eat vegetables, when they would just as soon eat candy bars 3 times a day...etc etc.

And now, they are gone. One of my sons is in Iraq, as some of you know.

I cant hardly watch the news. I do anyway, and whenever someone is reported killed in Iraq, I go ballistic. I know what it is like in the military, and I understand why "military intelligence" is an oxymoron..first hand.

So, I guess I am being a pain in the neck to you guys. Sometimes I think maybe those military leaders were a pain in the neck to us because they missed their famialies, too.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Look you are a newby it is my job to be the pain in the azz around here, I only let you borrow the position occasionally so don't fortget it..........part of the problem some of us have is watching the news that is one of the reasons the VA hospital TVs have all been switched off of the news channels for the most part now we get to watch HGTV and other stuff like sports or court TV many of us here have PTSD part of that is not playing well with others what you have to learn is that you have your opinion and I have my opinion and then there are the moderators and they are the only opinions that matter because they can be the baliffs and whack our pee pees when we get out of line, yes people have been whacked hard here because they don't know when to walk away from the keyboard many of us have gotten in trouble with our keyboards and attitudes but when you stop to think about it where else are you going to find a ggoup of vets like this that despite our being rude and scrude at times they are still here helping us, dispensing advice on how to deal and work with this messed up claims system and how to find the right regs to beat them

you ain't special you are just a legend in your own mind you ain;t even close to Paladin rofl

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

As Testvet and VMO pointed out I am just a seaman recruit pain in the neck, and testvet is a Senior Chief pain in the neck. However, Fleet Admiral Veterans affairs is the Grandmaster of all Pain in the Necks.

• HadIt.com Elder
As Testvet and VMO pointed out I am just a seaman recruit pain in the neck, and testvet is a Senior Chief pain in the neck. However, Fleet Admiral Veterans affairs is the Grandmaster of all Pain in the Necks.

thats one of the nicest things said about me in years I have 4 ex wives that have called me lot's worse rofl

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."