Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get A Copy Of The C&p Exam?

Rate this question

PE1

Question

Hi there, how do I get a copy of the C&P exam? Q. Ti Ce did the exam. It's been more than 2 weeks since the exam.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Pete is right. QTC will get the results to the VA. VA will eventually enter those results in to your records that can be accessed at your local VA ROI office. It took over a month for me to get my C&P results and it was done in house at the VA, so it may take a while. QTC won't release the results to you. I tried that one time and they said they have to send them to the VA only.

Hope all works out for you!

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok lets go over the basics.

The VARO orders your C&P and its either with the C&P Department at your VAMC and you can get a copy from them or its from a third Party like QTC and they turn the exam over to only the VARO and if you want a copy than you need to ask the VARO.

Rule of thumb is that if the exam is done at your VAMC Hospital or another VAMC Hospital it probably will be a lot easier to get

If you want your C&P results,download va form 10-5345 from the www.va.gov/ and fill out and sent in to the release of information veteran medical center where you had C&P Exam and and you will get a copy in ten to fifteen days or when they finish it, or you can go there and go by release of information fill out the require forms and they will mail them to you.

mobie

Thank you very much. The examiners were alll very nice, quick and polite. They did admit to not having the medical record. But they send you a questionaire to fill out at home way before your physical exam. When you get to their office you turn it into them, they make a copy and give it to you, I kept the copy and they kept the original. The questionaire is pretty much a worksheet for each complaint. So you can use your copy of your medical record as a reference to fill it out. You write down just the pertinent information on it. I even wrote down the name, adress and phone number of where I've been seen. Wrote down results of x-rays and MRIs. You can even use a yellow highlighter to mark words like osteophyte, osteoarthritis, parachuting, crepitus, the key words that they would have looked for in your medical records. They had plenty of time to do the actual physical exam becasue the history was already written down. Of course they write their own history using yours as a reference. BUT, just because it seems that everything went fine, doesn't mean that what the examiner actually wrote down was favorable. Also, afterwards they took x-rays of every body part that I complained about. Eventhough the prior x-ray results showed finding and none of the previous results were normal. That was alot of x-rays.