Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus

Rate this question

Alb

Question

My husband was denied tinnitus because the va said he had absence of evidence showing a link between his current tinnitus and military service. They said he had no medical records that showed in service treatments or complaints. I thought that tinnitus could take up to years getting worse enough before reporting it to the va? What does he need to state in his notice of disagreement?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

alb,

Your profile shows SC'd at 140 %,

why be concerned with Tinnitus ?

carlie

Carlie's made an excellent point. At a rating of 140%, tinnitus won't gain Alb anything, it's a max rating of 10%. Normally, for any vet under 100% rating, I would urge them to go for it because every little bit helps, but in Alb's case, it's not a condition that can kill someone, thus, not an issue for a future DIC claim.

If it's a matter of principle, then that's quite a different story.

• HadIt.com Elder

Appeal it and write it up. You should win. Sometimes they deny cause you don;t have a Doc saying you have tinnitus so you need Medical Evidence to show you have it. I know the ringing or buzzing certainly should be enough

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I would second carlie's statement, that a concussion would be a contributing factor and a diagnosis of the same would be helpful in proving Tinnitus.  That is what I have in the works now.  I am not sure how a doctor would diagnosis this as it is a noise only you can hear.  I am not saying it would not be helpful to get a doctor to do this just not sure how they do it.

I think I might understand why to have a doctor write something up now.  If there is a time period between being diagnosed and separation of service you might have a little bit of fight.  I see showing a primary condition to connect it to such as concussion or TBI would be helpful.