VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fee Basis

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

Need help with fee basis. Husband had a chest x-ray done at Urgent Care at the VA. The Dr. that saw him at Urgent Care called and said something showed up, and scheduled a CAT scan. At that time, she also told him that he would now be handled by his primary care provider(which he's been trying to get rid of for 2 yrs., and they want switch him). He had the CAT scan, and we heard nothing from them. We went and picked up his records and the records said he had 2 nodules on his lungs and needed to have a PET scan done. Well, he called the TAPS line and left message for his primary care dr. to call him about his CAT scan. She never called, so we made an app. at Duke Hospital and they did the PET scan. After this was done, his primary care called and read his record to him word for word. He asked her what her opinion was, and she said she had "no opinion". He called fee basis and they said his primary care would have to call them. The TAPS line people keep telling him they are not going to pay this and will not give the message to his primary care.

What can we do?

sbrewer

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That will also go thru your provider "doctor or whoever handles your appointments at the VA -

Such as I had my Doctor (nurse practicioner ) write me a CONSULT and they send it to fee basis to be approved. Like a prescription. If this CARE isnt available at your VA.

I did a consult last year for my kidney disease (failure) ==

The consult got sent and I see the Nephroligist about once a month.Im going on my second year now. But your doctor or caregiver at the VA has to fill out the consult so you ca get FARMED OUT.

They then send the billing information to whoever your doctor is and they can FAX the bill to fee basis.

This pays whatever your doctor needs --with me the blood work and ETC.

The hard part is convincing the doctor to fill out your request (consult.) But if the care isnt available at your VA you can request they supply it from the outside

medical source.

STEVE & PAT.

Is there a consult form or is a consult just a letter from the doc?

dh

That will also go thru your provider "doctor or whoever handles your appointments at the VA -

Such as I had my Doctor (nurse practicioner ) write me a CONSULT and they send it to fee basis to be approved. Like a prescription. If this CARE isnt available at your VA.

I did a consult last year for my kidney disease (failure) ==

The consult got sent and I see the Nephroligist about once a month.Im going on my second year now. But your doctor or caregiver at the VA has to fill out the consult so you ca get FARMED OUT.

They then send the billing information to whoever your doctor is and they can FAX the bill to fee basis.

This pays whatever your doctor needs --with me the blood work and ETC.

The hard part is convincing the doctor to fill out your request (consult.) But if the care isnt available at your VA you can request they supply it from the outside

medical source.

STEVE & PAT.

dh===

My doctor wrote the consult up on a prescription form and they sent it internaly to fee basis- then they approve or whatever they want--- then contact you- mine took about 2 weeks but I went to fee basis and hurred them up==

GOOD LUCK===

STEVE & PAT