VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro And Ptsd

Rate this question

gawimico47

Question

I wish I had known of this site before I went for my C&P with a contract psychiatrist. He spent more time downgrading the two psychologists I have been treated by than reading questions from his prepared list. All in the time span of one hour. In short, my claim pending since January 08 was flatly denied despite the reports of the two psychologists which all supported a diagnosis of PTSD and I have spent dozens of hours with them over the last two years.

I have sent my notice of disagreement to the Atlanta Regional office and their reply states that my case has been assigned to a DRO but no clue as to a timeframe involved.

Does anyone have experience with a DRO?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

Don't know the whole story but feel for ya.

dh

I wish I had known of this site before I went for my C&P with a contract psychiatrist. He spent more time downgrading the two psychologists I have been treated by than reading questions from his prepared list. All in the time span of one hour. In short, my claim pending since January 08 was flatly denied despite the reports of the two psychologists which all supported a diagnosis of PTSD and I have spent dozens of hours with them over the last two years.

I have sent my notice of disagreement to the Atlanta Regional office and their reply states that my case has been assigned to a DRO but no clue as to a timeframe involved.

Does anyone have experience with a DRO?

Can better help with your situation if you list the REASON AND BASES for your decision. Was your stressor verified?

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been waiting since February for a DRO review.... still waiting. I'm not in a hurry to deal with, or resolve my VA SC claim denial letter. I am willing to wait till hell freezes over. My plan: ... I will wait till January, ( still under a year since denial ), and file another NOD, requesting a formal hearing before the BVA, then revoke my NSO, and reassign my POA to a lawyer. I understand this may add years to resolve my appeal, however I'll win, because I am right, and the VARO is wrong in this case. I will win, posthumously, if need be. I find the "new VA" insulting and incompetent. The "old VA" was worse. I just wish I could file for punitive damages also.

post-4811-1255691176_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93