• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need The Name, Etc.

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

G-d, but I do miss Alex!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
akwidow:

I think he is the best but that is my opinion. Its to bad you were not here a few years ago and than I would have said Alex Humpfrey's was the best.

Ain't that the truth!

I owe Alex for my life that I now have.

thank G-d!

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Chief Joseph

Thanks for that...I still had my head in a black cloud of grief a few years ago. I at times now wonder how I had the where with all to file in the first place. But then, looking back at my hand written naive papers, no wonder they gave me a denial. I trusted them to do the right thing and help me~!

"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for that...I still had my head in a black cloud of grief a few years ago. I at times now wonder how I had the where with all to file in the first place. But then, looking back at my hand written naive papers, no wonder they gave me a denial. I trusted them to do the right thing and help me~!

AKWidow I used a female lawyer from Columbia SC I obtained her named from Larry Scott he had met her at a NOVA conference where he was a speaker, she was an excellent atorney and she took my case pro bono since my denial was before the July 2007 date that allowed veterans to hire lawyers to repesent us after denials at the RO level she did some excellent work for me and without her I doubt if I would have won at BVA, she let me know that if she didn't know something she had no problem getting on the phone and calling people like Bob Walsh or Ken Carpenter and asking them what to do, that is what NOVA is about it's kind of like a Hadit for lawyers that handle VA claims, she was teaching veterans law at USC here in Columbia all she does is veterans claims she even paid for an IMO upfront and let me pay her when I got the back pay because she felt we really needed it, she went the extra mile for me I know Ken Carpenter will go the extra mile for you too

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Testvet:

Thanks I am pretty much not up on Lawyers. Maybe we should make a thread and just have recommendations from Members. That would also include Lawyers that Veterans are not happy with but should be factual and not just opinions. In other words I used this lawyer, got this result and was happy or unhappy with how claim was handled.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Testvet:

Thanks I am pretty much not up on Lawyers. Maybe we should make a thread and just have recommendations from Members. That would also include Lawyers that Veterans are not happy with but should be factual and not just opinions. In other words I used this lawyer, got this result and was happy or unhappy with how claim was handled.

Would echo TestVet--my experience is that pretty much any lawyer who belongs to NOVA (Nat'l Org. of Vet. Advocates) is gonna be good at what they do--its a smallish group and not a lot of lawyers do vet law--if they do, they belong to NOVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only problem that I can see about having a "good lawyer - bad lawyer" subject posting on Hadit is this:

Some folks are realistic when it comes to expectations.

Some ain't.

trust me on this................................. ;)

Chief Joseph