Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Gotten A Phone Call

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

I spoke with someone the other day who is 100%since last year and fought claim since 03' he was in NAM and a POW--he got a very large retro-they went a way back to 63 I believe- he said they called him to tell him of award--any body else?? (he went through a Senator to win his claim-he didnt have a VSO-)

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

James:

Thanks for the info. There are some good eggs at VA we know a few who hang with us here.

Pete

Pete

I think awards are made in October because Oct. 1 is the start of a new fiscal year, and they get "new" money in the budget, since they run out before the end of the year so they have to deny everyone.

I got a call from my rater about my claim prior to his issuing his decision. He stated what he felt I deserved, etc. and asked to me to pull two other appeals in process since they would be redundent after his decision. Kinda seemed like he said "we will give you what you want just go away.. please please", without saying it ya know.

Anyway I did pull the appeals, and he then issued his decison exactly as he said it would be. (God Bless Him.. I GOT R-1!!!... hehe a $3200 raise in my pay a month was kinda nice along with all the backpay, and it only took 2 years)

anyway, thats the only call I have ever had from a rater in 7 years of filing claims for myself and others.

Bob Smith