Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Gotten A Phone Call

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

I spoke with someone the other day who is 100%since last year and fought claim since 03' he was in NAM and a POW--he got a very large retro-they went a way back to 63 I believe- he said they called him to tell him of award--any body else?? (he went through a Senator to win his claim-he didnt have a VSO-)

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, I got a call from the B'More VARO if I don't have any other information they with process my Claim. Claim been in from March09 to Rating on Sept 30,09. 1-800# States won't hear from them until after Jan 2010 or Longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy Veteran's Day to all my Veteran friends next Wednesday November 11,2009

• HadIt.com Elder
What number shows up on caller ID- doesnt everything come out of Muskogee OK?

Huh?

Why would "everything come out of Muskogee, OK"?

The rater called me and told me he had awarded me 100%. He called because there was a list of symptoms and he would have to consider them informal claims so the decision would be postponed untill all claims were worked. I had to send letter saying the list of symptom was just that and should not be considered individual claims. (they were symptoms of the awarded disability)

• HadIt.com Elder
Huh?

Why would "everything come out of Muskogee, OK"?

I agree why OK? I got a call a few years back from the RO here in Columbia SC about some questions they had about my claim but they were still on Assembly Street, I do know all of the Edgewood Arsenal claims are supposed to be sent to Muskogee for processing the VA decided it would be easier to have one claim center handle the processing of these claims due to the still classified data that has to be handled to decide what substances the veteran was exposed to, but that was supposed to have started about 2 years ago my claims were at BVA by that point.....

I know the VA has call centers for different issues all over the place I know if you call a VAMC after hours all of the calls get forwarded to Dayton Ohio and they send e mail to your VAMC to handle the issue the next working day I have found it's easier to order my percocet refill by waiting until about 6 pm instead of spending an hour waiting on my local VAMC to answer the phone in the day I get to talk to a operator in dayton usually right away and I am done in less than 5 minutes I think Dayton is one of the best kept secrets the VA has......

Got a call from a member of the rating board at the Montgomery AL RO. I was surprised because the person called to inform me that members of the rating board were trying to deny my claim for asthma, even though I had not been given a C&P. The lady asked me to take down her name and number and to make a note of the date, then told me that if my claim was denied, I needed to file a complaint because the RO failed to schedule a C&P. Needless to say, a couple of days later, I recieved a letter in the mail scheduling a C&P. After all was said and done, I was awarded compensation for asthma even though I was diagnosed with asthma 3 years after leaving the military.