Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clinic Records

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

While at Ft. Knox I was permanent party in the traning center. Most of my medical care was done at the local Clinics. I have some of my health records including those from the main hospital. But I don't have those from the clinics and they Haven't come from NARA.

Can anyone suggest where to search for those???

Thanks.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I had about 5 months of psychiatric records from HAAF near FT Stewart that just disappeared. I called HAAF and they say St. Louis has them. I request them from St. Louis and then never heard of it. I say they destroyed them all. 40 years later what do I do?

John,

Have you sent off a request to the VA Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. NOT the National Archives Personnel Records Center, but the VA Records Center.

Many People do not realize that there are TWO locations in St. Louis, totaly seperate locations and totally different departments of the government.

Department of Veterans Affairs

Records Management Center

P.O. Box 5020

St Louis, MO 63115-5020

National Personnel Records Center

(Military Personnel Records)

9700 Page Avenue

St Louis, MO 63132-5100

When I request Service Records and Service Medical Records, I fill out an SF180 to the VA address, and another to the National Records Center address.

Make doubly sure that you request ALL Service Records, to include STR's. Write that on your SF180, do not rely on the little "check boxes", they don't EVEN look at the little "check boxes" (check here if you want this, check here if you want that......) WRITE down on the form that you expressly request ALL records, to include ALL SERVICE TREATMENT RECORDS. Otherwise (and this is true) they will send YOU what THEY think that YOU want, not necessarily what YOU asked for, but what THEY WANT to send you. BTW, they do NOT refer to your Service Medical Records as such, but, instead refer to your medical records as SERVICE TREATMENT RECORDS, so make sure and refer to them as such.