Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Award Letter Today.

Rate this question

mikee1013

Question

I received my award letter today for 70% PTSD. At the time of my C&P exam I was employed by my father-in-law part time. Since then I have lost my job due to my condition. I applied for TDIU already (yesterday).

I read over my evaluation and it seems to me that I would now qualify for 100%, I am searching for opinions on what to do, or if it's even worth going through?

"An evaluation of 70% is assigned for occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation, obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or worklike setting);inability to establish and maintain effective relationships."

Thanks,

Mike

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

sorry,

My basic question is, do you think that I qualify for 100% for my PTSD as described by my diagnosis? The difference in retro pay would be substantially different if I were to be awarded 100%. Correct?

Thanks

sorry,

My basic question is, do you think that I qualify for 100% for my PTSD as described by my diagnosis? The difference in retro pay would be substantially different if I were to be awarded 100%. Correct?

Thanks

No it sounds like at the time the rating decision was promulgated

you met the criteria for 70 %.

NOW - you are no longer working and eligible for TDIU which you state

you have NOW applied for.

Ditto on Pete's post.

You don't even have any grounds to argue an effective date for IU on --

UNTIL IU gets granted.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Mikee.

Okay, seems like I've answered this particular question three different times, just today.

I understand why, so do not be offened by my saying so, it's just that it's HARD for ME to understand, and that's after having 'splained it, often.

Okay, so you were, once upon a time, at 30%.

Now you are at 70%, correct?

Which makes a difference of 40%, of which they owe you back TO whenever you turned in your claim for the particular disability that GOT you your extra 40%.

We okay so far?

Okay, NOW you have turned in for TDIU (of which we don't know the final outcome, si'?).

IF, IF you are successful in your TDIU claim, then they will owe you retroactive pay for the time between WHEN you became ELIGIBLE for your TDIU, NOT from the date that you turned in your claim for TDIU, but from the date of the claim that rendered you ELIGIBLE for TDIU. BUT ONLY for the DIFFERENCE between the 70% and the 100%, seeing as how they have already paid you the retro difference between the 30% and the 70%. or sumpthin lak dat, I tink....blabber, slobber, sob

We okay so far?

Good.

I'm tired.

Buck up, Bucko, and get your SSDI taken care of. If you applied on line, which I hope that you did, then there will be a "formal interview" that you will have to have. NOW, you DO NOT have to "go anywhere" for this formal interview, just make sure that they know that you would "prefer" that this interview be taken care of over the 'phone. They'll do that.

There's beer in my Frigidaire.

I'm outta here.

Y'all have a good 'un, okay.

Edited by LarryJ