Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This A New Tactic From Va

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

First letter I received was a SSOC and it stated in the closing: "We hope the above information is helpful."

Second letter I received was a partial increase of award and it stated in the closing: "We look forward to resolving the rest of your claim in a fair and timely manner."

I have received many letters from VA but none of them had these closing comments, am I just reading into nothing or is VA trying to make me feel they really care. I know they don't but just wanting to know if anyone else have received something like this.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Only the VA knows!

First letter I received was a SSOC and it stated in the closing: "We hope the above information is helpful."

Second letter I received was a partial increase of award and it stated in the closing: "We look forward to resolving the rest of your claim in a fair and timely manner."

I have received many letters from VA but none of them had these closing comments, am I just reading into nothing or is VA trying to make me feel they really care. I know they don't but just wanting to know if anyone else have received something like this.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like a psychological ploy or a Jedi mind trick...

"We hope the above information is helpful."

"We look forward to resolving the rest of your claim in a fair and timely manner."

pete992,

Momma always told me talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words.

I no longer care if VBA talks nicely to me, I want my money.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie, that is very funny but it is also true. VA already asked me to drop my appeals and I said no. I understand that it could be well over 20 grand and believe me, I want my money.

My momma told me that too. :)

The one and only call I ever got from a rater was to basically say we agree and are awarding this, and please could you close these other two appeals since they are now redundant.

I took the guy at his word, and sent in the request to close the appeals. He kept his and AFTER the appeals were closed sent me a rating decison with exactly what he said. However I was in a unique position that many vets are not. So, I would not reccomend any vet closing out an appeal or claim based upon a request.

I do find it odd that they rated one issue, and didn't the rest. Yet they may have deemed the first a new claim and the others appeals. Dont know, but an appeal and a new claim are handled by two different departments and two different sets of raters. Well, they are at least supposed to be.