Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help On Osa Imo Sample Out There?

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

Hi gang,

It's me again in this OSA IMO and needed a quick favor. Can someone share an IMO pertaining to OSA claim? You can either PM me or send to bobrabad@gmail.com. My sleep doctor is not familiar w/ VA claim/IMO, he can't say that much other than => "I am his patient and he sees me yearly for annual checkup/progress reporting".

I firmly believe the IMO is the icing on the cake.

I will welcome continuing/further advice also. Thanks again!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The IMO criteria I posted in the IMO forum should be applicable to any type of claim- with modifications- that get specific.

In other words the IMO doc has to have all available SMRs and current med records and than also have the expertise to make a full medical rationale for their opinion.

Do you have an opinion from a VA C & P doctor yet?

Often a C & P doctor will opine and yet can be easily knocked down if a IMO doctor has more expertise ion the field.

Does your treating doctor have any OSA experience?

One statement I think made my IMO valid from a Neuro radiologist (for a diabetes claim- diabetes had never been diagnosed by VA in my husband's lifetime-the claim had no DM diagnosis at all in SMRs and med recs)

was that due to his expertise he could state he had read MRIs of Thousands of diabetics who had exhibited ischemic brain trauma from DMII and he correlated my husband's MRI with that experience.

This knocked down a VA endocrinology's opinion in a C & P exam.

Then BVA ordered cardiology opinion.

But a PA prepared that opinion insteads and it was inconclusive and very easy for me to knock this C & P opinion down.

If your doctor has any prior C & P opinions that go against the claim -he/she can often develop their IMO better by directly challenging the VA doctors with full medical rationale.

(or have the credentials that are better than the C & P doctor's.