Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 Months After Hearing

Rate this question

giz

Question

im 100%sc pt va diabled for about a year and a half i filed for soc. and got denied twice got my hearing 5 months ago still nothing. my lawyer thought the hearing went well.should it take this long after the hearing i thought a couple weeks max B)

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
social security :D

Glad you cleared that up! Hope others will chime in ;-) ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

I have heard some people waited 1 to 1 1/2 yrs...I don't think the claims are taking as long now though. This was a few yrs ago. Mine I heard with in a few weeks...granted on first try. The VA however is another story. Were your VA disabilities the one's you claimed on your SSDI claim?

How long did your VA claims processes take? SS is usually faster than VA though. How did you feel like the hearing went? Could you get a sense of anything while in the hearing? Like the tone, posture, friendliness/abruptiveness of the SS person?

its the same claim as va claim, gulf war symtoms,only took 6months to recieve 100% because i had years of med. records and i was already 30% that also took about 6months it was paying my medical bills and perscriptions and i could still work but kept getting worse and missing more than i was working so i had to make a financial decision and refiled and got 100% iu p&t,i know that filing for ssd takes a long time but i didnt think it took that long to hear something after your hearing ;)