Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

What if anything are you suppose to do, if the ro, MAKES up a bogus claim for a Veteran, in my case, I filed a EED, for my service-connected Diabetes, then I also filed a 1151 claim concerning my case against IL & VR, THEN IN THE MAil today, I received a packet asking for anymore evidence, but the RO also put in, that I asked for a increase for diabetes, which I didn't, as they are asking for proof, of this, and as far as I know the diabetes hasn't got any worst, as I am still on a pill a day for it.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Diabetes can be the cause of ED but it is not the only cause.

Edited by Pete53

Pete53

Yes, I know there are several factors that can cause diabetes, including agent orange from Vietnam, so should I just ignore the VA saying I asked for a increase in my diabetes compensation. figuring they must of made a clerical error, like they did in 1984, by me getting a letter back then, saying they needed more proof to increase my service-connected skin disorder, but trouble is, I am not service connected for a skin disorder, yet, but that is one reason, why I am going out to the clinic in DC, to see what is causing the sores, I have had since 1970, ever since leaving Vietnam

Frosty- although they said 'increase'-they probably mean the EED claim on the diabetes.

Have you sent them evidence to support EED?

Skin disorders can often be caused by DMII- did you claim this as seconary to DMII and also due to Vietnam service?

Even if the sores pre date the DMII diagnosis- then possibly a doctor would say your SC DMII is "aggravating" this skin condition- still a potential secondary claim.

check this out- my husband had the Tinea skin problem from leaving Vietnam up until he died-

it is a fungus- and as this article states- the heat, humidity, being in wet utilities and wet fox holes all caused many tropical fungus problems and other disorders in Vietnam vets.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:2se9sw...k&cd=3&ie=UTF-8

If I were you I would bring this article to the doc- and ask him/her for a 'more than likely' statement as to its connection to your Vietnam service and/or your SC diabetes-

They told me by mail last year that my 'pension' claim was being worked on- and then a vet rep at 800 last month told me they have decided my 'pension' claim ????

I dont have a pension claim in- they write these letters so fast that they dont get them correct.

Guest allanopie

>fungus problems

fungal bacteria may also get into the sinuses & lungs, through the breathing process. Once in the sinuses, it can get into the lymph system & spread in the body. Fungal bacteria can also cross the (BBB) blood brain barrier, causing brain injury.

• HadIt.com Elder

Many medications we take such as blood pressure meds, anxiety and depression meds and pain meds can cause ED. If you have DMII and take other meds I am wonder if that does not increase the interaction with all the factor that cause ED. Just being depressed over being disabled can cause ED based on psychological conditions and factors. Being horribly anxious can cause ED.

Berta:

No it wasn't the EED, as that is listed separately, but the VA called today, and I have to go in for a C&P exam on Monday, so I asked the woman that called, and told her I didn't ask for a increase, she didn't know what to say, then she asked if I had filed a claim for any secondary conditions, and I said yes, several, so she figured that must be what the RO meant. I already get the extra 87.00 a month for ED, plus am rated at 0% for penis deformity on account of diabetes. Yes, have sent the medical report to the RO, that said I had diet controlled diabetes from 1994 to 2003, when I was put on pills and got 20% for diabetes, but the diet controlled is suppose to be 10%, but I didn't find out about it until 2004, so that is when I filed for the EED.

No, never filed for the skin condition as secondary to diabetes, as I figured being I had skin problems from 1970, and didn't get service-connected for diabetes until 2003, that I wouldn't qualify, but if you figure I might have a chance, will be filing on that too. Yes will bring that to the C&P Doctor on Monday, and also to my primary, when I see him next in June.

thanks for all the information, I think I will also bring it up to the Doctors in Washington DC, when I go there next week.

Edited by frosty69