VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Records

Rate this question

mrjenks

Question

I am totally confused on this issue. I recently was medically retired due to DM II not being under control (Long Story). I was at 23 years, I think they just pushed me out. Anyways I started my process in Sept to get set-up for my C&P exam. Turned in my records to VA and did everything I was supposed to. I still yet to get my C&P exam and I officially retire on Nov 28. My VA rep (who is awesome and is very helpful) have been on these guys and the last word he got is that they are awaiting my Service Records. My VA rep is dumbfounded because he has never heard of that. I mean they have all of my medical records that I turned in back in Sep. My VA rep thinks I might have a individual that doesn't have a clue in handling VA claims and it is costing me time. Has anyone ever heard of the VA requesting Service Records for an individual just to get an C&P exam....my VA rep is confused as well as I am. He is working the issue so I'm not worried on his part, but the VA is leaving a bad taste so early on in the process.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am totally confused on this issue. I recently was medically retired due to DM II not being under control (Long Story). I was at 23 years, I think they just pushed me out. Anyways I started my process in Sept to get set-up for my C&P exam. Turned in my records to VA and did everything I was supposed to. I still yet to get my C&P exam and I officially retire on Nov 28. My VA rep (who is awesome and is very helpful) have been on these guys and the last word he got is that they are awaiting my Service Records. My VA rep is dumbfounded because he has never heard of that. I mean they have all of my medical records that I turned in back in Sep. My VA rep thinks I might have a individual that doesn't have a clue in handling VA claims and it is costing me time. Has anyone ever heard of the VA requesting Service Records for an individual just to get an C&P exam....my VA rep is confused as well as I am. He is working the issue so I'm not worried on his part, but the VA is leaving a bad taste so early on in the process.

You started your process in Sept. to get set-up for your C&P exam.

On-the-other-hand, I started my process in Oct. and got my C&P in Nov.

Oct. 2003

Nov. 2007

;)

Below are the answers to questions i pulled from your responses. I will tell my VA rep to send in the PEB report for me. Maybe that will get the ball rolling. Thanks for your responses, I never though of it that way. Maybe I can teach my VA Rep something.

Is this the same rep you told you the other stuff?

Yes, this is the same Rep that has been guiding me to get my C&P exam and VA benefits.

IS this a VA employee or a veteran';s org vet rep?

He is a Veteran's Rep that works for the state of AZ...

PS did he mention at all that you might be eligible for CRDP?

I also have Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Herniated disc, hemmaroids, Pes Planus and Erectile

Dysfunction (I am claiming all of those which are in my medical records). I know with Sleep

Apnea alone I should get 50% so he told me i would be eligible for CDRP.

You mean 23 years of service right? or 23 years old?

23 Years of active duty

Do you have any additional documented disabilites that could be due to the DMII? Like heart disease, TIAs, peripheral neuropathy, renal problems, vision problems, ED - etc etc and if so did he tell you to claim them all?

I know I have vision problems and ED those others I am not quite sure of, what are they

(peripheral neurapathy, renal problems)...???

Are you insulin dependent?

I take insulin once a day currently and metformin (which makes me sick as a dog and I get the

runs badly).

You can't get PDRL with just 20%. You must be more then 30% to be considered medically retired, otherwise you are just considered medically separated.

I was active duty with 23 so they just medically retired me and put PDRL in my report from the

PEB. They only gave me 20%.

This case gives you an idea of how they rate DMII:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp08/files5/0835901.txt

Peripheral neuropathy is a common side affect and disability due to DMII- it is a numbness in the extremities.

There are vets here getting comp fpor DMII and PN in the Claims Research forum.

It would help you to check out the extensive diabetes literature on the internet.

My claim was based on DMII from AO and I was stunned at the many secondary disabilities that this disease can cause so I pays to put them all in the claim.

It seems you have strong inservice nexus for your claims.