Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sheddergate Oct

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Anyone have the skinny on this, supposely the St Pete VA got caught again in Oct 09, My last claim submitted in Oct is missing according to the VA. I think they took the package I submitted and put it in the appeals file instead of read it and seeing that it was a new claim. Idiots.

Good news for me is my claim now has a DRO assigned to the appeal. This is a biggie as for a year I have heard nothing not a single piece of paper regarding this appeal. I added a new appeal issues and they mergered them--I now have 23 issues on appeal. Sounds like a lot but they are bilateral on a couple of issues.

Thanks

Ruby

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Techincally, yes I can, the rule is full time work, I haven't worked full time since 02, however I didn't apply until 05 for an increase in disablity. Officially the date I stopped working was 12/07. I have 3 doctors that have written I am permanetly and totally disabled.

The 05 is a stretch but I think I could prevail based upon the regs, if they offer 12/07 I will accept it.

Did your 05 to 07 work record reflect marginal wages? Did you have many jobs between 05 and 07? Did your disability cause you to be laid off or fired, during that period? are there extenuated circumstances for your efforts and job loss?