VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Sue Your Service Organization For Mistakes.

Rate this question

Dave1433

Question

I wanted to know if anyone ever tried to sue their service organization for gross errors in handling their claims. For example, if the service representative in charge (ie DVA, PVA, Am Leg.) failed to file paperwork perfecting a claim for benefits that the VA should have granted, is the service organization open to lawsuits for the gross neglegence of that employee's failings caused the vet to lose @ 75K in back benefits?

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh yes. I found that form. Is that all they have you sign? I thought there would also be a form between you and the VSO that would be more specific.

Free.

Be sure to read all of the fine print at

the top and the bottom.

carlie

Can we please put and end to this topic and move on, if somebody is not happy with the service provided to them by any organization then I suggest dont use them or get an attorney and see how much they are going to charge you. I am not saying that all organizations are perfect but it is all we have to represent us. Let me tell you about this vietnam veteran he was the commander of a chapter here in Texas, he is a person that I dearly admire and respect being sick he would come to his headquarters and help veterans fill out forms for claims and helpm them write NOD and appeals he did this without asking for a dime just donations like paper and ink. He was one of the few persons that helped me with my claims and he was proud to be a commander for the DAV

. So when I hear all these complains it boils my blood and it upsets me because I remeber how this veteran will take his time being sick and help veterans free of charge. I hope that the elder memebers of this site step in and finally put an end to all this. PLEASE

Free.

Be sure to read all of the fine print at

the top and the bottom.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
Can we please put and end to this topic and move on, if somebody is not happy with the service provided to them by any organization then I suggest dont use them or get an attorney and see how much they are going to charge you. I am not saying that all organizations are perfect but it is all we have to represent us. Let me tell you about this vietnam veteran he was the commander of a chapter here in Texas, he is a person that I dearly admire and respect being sick he would come to his headquarters and help veterans fill out forms for claims and helpm them write NOD and appeals he did this without asking for a dime just donations like paper and ink. He was one of the few persons that helped me with my claims and he was proud to be a commander for the DAV

. So when I hear all these complains it boils my blood and it upsets me because I remeber how this veteran will take his time being sick and help veterans free of charge. I hope that the elder memebers of this site step in and finally put an end to all this. PLEASE

I am sorry Windy Ciry but we cannot close it if it is a Topic that is within the parameters of the rules.

I suggest you not read it.

Thanks.

J

I AM SORRY FOR YOUR PAIN AND EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH BUT A PERSON CANT HOLD ACCOUNTABLE AN ENTIRE ORGANIZATION FOR THE MISTAKES OF AN INDIVIDUAL. PEOPLE NEED TO THINK AND REALIZE THAT IF IT WASNT FOR THESE ORGANIZATIONS THAT WERE CREATED DECADES AGO BY DISABLED VETERANS WERE WOULD WE BE TODAY. WE WOULD BE GETTING NOTHING FROM THE VA. I WISH THE BEST OF LUCK TO ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO SUE ANY ORGANIZATION. I WOULD END THIS NOTE BY SAYING THAT I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THE DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS BECAUSE IF IT WASNT FOR THEM ME AND MY FAMILY WOULD BE NOWHERE.

uote name='Widow1' date='Dec 22 2009, 08:49 PM' post='181882']

Windy City,

I also know some fine veterans, some who have worked in VSOs, just not in my area. I am also related to some fine veterans from several conflicts and wars going back quite a few years. I have had the misfortune to run into some very, very bad ones who took advantage of me when I was stunned with shock and grief and then later ill and near destitute due to circumstances beyond my control which adversely impacted my cognitive abilities; I believed these men, many of whom were veterans as I was brought up to respect these men and these organizations by my father who regularly assisted members of a couple of these organizations and spoke at their functions. I trusted these people and neither incompetence nor ignorance is a good enough excuse for any of this. I will tell you that all of these men drew salaries and benefits from state agency and some compensation from the VSOs as well; the lack of compassion and ethics is grossly negligent in of itself exclusive of their breaching their duties to assist and prosecute the claim.

This is a valid topic and something that directly concerns other posters here. No one has named any names, individuals or agencies. I am sorry it upsets you, but what was done to my husband and to his family makes MY blood boil, not to mention all the veterans and/or their surviving family members I have met over the many years who got little or no assistance. I am not the only one this has happened to, only someone who refuses to remain silent about it any longer. Hopefully, my speaking up will encourage others to do the same.

I have to say the DAV has represented me with upmost professional fashion. I know there are rotten apples out there but i'm not going to judge an entire org buy a few loose screws.

In any large entity you will have a few rotten apples. The solution is getting rid of the rotten ones and hiring fresh ones that are trained properly and use upmost professionalism. Easier said than done.

My VSO is great and i'm sorry for those that have had bad experiences. I wish everyone's experience was like mine across the board but we live in a revolving world.

Jerr