Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Denied

Rate this question

giz

Question

those that think that va total and permanant gives you a lock for ssd it dont and the reason for denial was completly made up he just ignored the facts and on the va he just said that he is not bound by the va decision,no kidding thats the best you could come up with.i know i can appeal but it is so frustrating when a judge just ignores three doctors saying i cant work and his own jobs guy saying theirs know job i can do,thanks for letting me vent :) ill keep fighting till i die

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are going to have to appeal this to the next level. Some Judges will not give SSDi no matter what.

You can still win.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

do you have an attorney?

Appeals are very difficult to win after an ALJ decision. I did it, so it can be done.

In my case, on the first alj hearing, I believe my 100% VA rating actually hurt my case. The judge asked many times about how much I got from VA. He didn't say it outright but it was obvious from his questions and the denial statements he felt I should not get both.

Very frustrating. I know how you feel.

I think the next step is the hardest. I can't remember it exactly but you have go through an appeal board. I think the board has to find error in the judges ruling. If they find error, you will get another ALJ hearing(remand).

Especially if you're younger applicant. Some judges will let their personal feelings dictate their decision.

Jerr

He didn't say it outright but it was obvious from his questions and the denial statements he felt I should not get both.

Very frustrating. I know how you feel.