Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

I just had a C&P Monday with two more coming up next week. I know this has been answered many times that a C&P exam copy can be obtained at the VAMC. I called the VA clinic to see if I could obtain a copy of the C&P exam and I was told that I had to request the copy from the Houston regional office and that it might take up to six weeks or more to get them. My question is ,does it matter what type of C&P exams copies are available without having to request them from the regional office? Or was I misinformed by the VA clinic? Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I get mine from ROI (release of information) at my VAMC. Only once did they print it out right then and there for me. The other times I just filled out the release form and got it in the mail about 3 weeks later. The exam becomes part of your VA medical record if the exam is done by the VA so there's no reason the VAMC can't do it. On the other hand, the VAMC does have to get the doctors signature for the release which takes a little time.

Another way you can get it is when you go in to your next appointment ask your primary doctor if he/she will print it out for you. That's worked for me once or twice too.

Jerr

I just had a C&P Monday with two more coming up next week. I know this has been answered many times that a C&P exam copy can be obtained at the VAMC. I called the VA clinic to see if I could obtain a copy of the C&P exam and I was told that I had to request the copy from the Houston regional office and that it might take up to six weeks or more to get them. My question is ,does it matter what type of C&P exams copies are available without having to request them from the regional office? Or was I misinformed by the VA clinic? Thanks.

68mustang

Edited by jerrbilly

68mustang

68, I echo what jerrbilly said. I fill out a ROI form and fax it to the Baton Rouge office and they tell me that it takes at least

20 working days before it's mailed to u. What do you mean when u say "type of C&P exams copies are available"? Also u can go to your pcp doc and he/she will print u a copy.

babyray

Edited by babyray

• HadIt.com Elder

68mustang

You keep referring to the "clinic".......did you get your C&P at the VA Medical Center or an outlying clinic, or a QTC provided clinic?

It makes a difference.

If it was NOT at the VA Medical Center, then, yes, it can take a while longer to be sent from the "clinic" to the VAMC, entered into the system (shuffled around in the mail room) and then sent to you by the regional office.

Edited by LarryJ

You keep referring to the "clinic".......did you get your C&P at the VA Medical Center or an outlying clinic, or a QTC provided clinic?

It makes a difference.

If it was NOT at the VA Medical Center, then, yes, it can take a while longer to be sent from the "clinic" to the VAMC, entered into the system (shuffled around in the mail room) and then sent to you by the regional office.

I had the exam at VA Frank Tejeda Clinic in San Antonio and the other exams will be there too. Thank you all for your responses.

68mustang

Don't know if this is similar:

I had my C&P exam done at the Denver VAMC; the (med records) Release of Information office at the VAMC said it would take several months to be written up. When I requested the complete C&P exam records two months later, the VAMC would only release the xray results, but not the dr's report, saying only the VARO could release that. I kept asking every so often and they kept saying it was not releasable. One day (more than 4 months post-exam) they finally said the C&P exam could be released -- it turned out that the VARO had just mailed the rating decision, and magically the VAMC could now release the C&P exam dr's report.

• HadIt.com Elder

What they don't want is for you to get a copy of a C&P and object to it's negative opinion before the SOC is issued. If they can get the denial out without ordering a followup opinion for corrections, they can possibly delay your claim by another two yrs or put you in the appeals process.

It is much to your benefit to get a copy of those VAMC C&P's and view them carefully. If anything is not correct you need to shoot a letter off to the VARO/AMC/BVA as soon as possible before the SOC/SSOC is sent to you.