Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension/arthritis

Rate this question

breedima

Question

I have put in a claim 3 times now for hypertension,It has beed denied 3 times.<BR>I had it in my recored when discharged in 95 as it being high,The claim the first <BR>two times said all further readings were normal.The first time i saw a doctor was<BR>at the VA and they said I had High blood pressure and started treating me for it.<BR>It was the first time I saw a doctor.The last time I had a exam claim the doctor said <BR>it was more then likey it was service connected.The VA denied it again because all readings were normal until I saw a doctor for the first time.How can they be normal if the first docter i saw was at the VA. I have a torn back with 40 % temp increase. They never mentioned the artritis in the back at all only the torn back.Should I bring that to there attention.I am going to file a claim for arthrits of the arms and legs scince they are causing me extreme pain at times,Should I claim the Back again?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"needed to call in some egyptologist type hyroglyphics person.."

I hear you there-my daughter (a former USAF Vietnamese linguist-Cryptologist) had to help me decifer some stuff in old handwritten med recs.

A good IMO doctor would sure be able to decifer your HBP readings in service-(I hope)

"I do remember taking propanolol - Inderal for several years.."

What meds did the Mil have you on?

How was this problem noted on your SMRs?

"needed to call in some egyptologist type hyroglyphics person.."

I hear you there-my daughter (a former USAF Vietnamese linguist-Cryptologist) had to help me decifer some stuff in old handwritten med recs.

A good IMO doctor would sure be able to decifer your HBP readings in service-(I hope)

"I do remember taking propanolol - Inderal for several years.."

What meds did the Mil have you on?

How was this problem noted on your SMRs?

What's an SMR?

these short descriptions confuse me..

My military medical records show me on those meds.. proponol.. and having Hypertension..

I stil have to read those records.. might try that now... 2:30 am, sound slike a good time to get a magnifying glass out.. LOLOL..

SMR Service medical record

"My military medical records show me on those meds.. proponol.. and having Hypertension."

I agree with John - we need to see how the VA worded their denial and why.

SMR Service medical record

"My military medical records show me on those meds.. proponol.. and having Hypertension."

I agree with John - we need to see how the VA worded their denial and why.

I lost track of my SMR's in my pile of papers, if/when I find my copy I will check it again foir numbers..

too many papers here,, but copies were sent with my claim..

my case if a mess because I have so many issues and symptoms and boxes of records..

Until I find them again, I will not be posting anything.. either that or I get my next decision..