• donate-be-a-hero.png

Okay, I Am An Idiot...........

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

LOOK, PEOPLE! :)

Some of you make it absolutely marvelous to help you! :D

1. WOW, some of you even write in complete, understandable sentences.

2. And, most of you even use punctuation.

3. And know to CAPITALIZE the FIRST letter of your NEW sentence.

4. And, you try really really hard to put things in order of their occurence, you know, like "this happened on 10/10/82 and then I did this on 12/03/83".

5. And, then, when you cannot make us to understand what you are trying to get across to us, and we ask you for more detail, you really deliver the goods, so to speak!

And, when necessary, you always attempt to provide us with ALL the necessary information to enable us to assist you.

Thank you for your time.

LarryJ :D

Edited by LarryJ

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Whenever you refer to someone else as an idiot there are 3 possibilities:

1. This person is actually smarter than you are so what does that make you?

2. This person is equal in intelligence to you, so what does that make you?

3. Of course there is a chance that this person really is in a vegetative state, or perhaps suffers from dementia, ADD, or down's syndrome, and has symptoms that we could classify as foolish or senseless. In this case, it is in very poor taste to insult someone because of a medical condition and such behavior would be "utterly foolish or senseless". You can not make a stupid person smart by telling them they are stupid.

So, when you call someone an idiot, which one of the 3 are you?

Whenever you refer to someone else as an idiot there are 3 possibilities:

1. This person is actually smarter than you are so what does that make you?

2. This person is equal in intelligence to you, so what does that make you?

3. Of course there is a chance that this person really is in a vegetative state, or perhaps suffers from dementia, ADD, or down's syndrome, and has symptoms that we could classify as foolish or senseless. In this case, it is in very poor taste to insult someone because of a medical condition and such behavior would be "utterly foolish or senseless". You can not make a stupid person smart by telling them they are stupid.

So, when you call someone an idiot, which one of the 3 are you?

I never used the word “stupid”. Reading is fundamental! It appears that a few vets have too much time on their hands. Larry threw a stone at all vets on this forum and you confirmed those insults by agreeing with Larry. I am not here to quarrel with you or Larry; I am only stinking up for those who are unable to stick up for themselves. If you are not offended by Larry’s remarks below then you’re an idiot also for allowing any person treat a vet this way. I’m done!

To educate you Smilen,

The word “idiot” is a noun and it is defined to describe an utterly foolish or senseless person. The acts of Larry below the word idiot truly a refection of Larry’s action and therefore is a refection of Larry. As far as my intelligence level I would say it is very HIGH, given that I have just received my Ph.D. Candidacy. Prior to this accomplishment, I completed my associate degree, bachelor degree and my MBA. So, what is yours?

B.A. Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education

Certification in Reading

Masters in Education, Supervision and Leadership

This is my last post on this topic.

• HadIt.com Elder
To educate you Smilen,

The word “idiot” is a noun and it is defined to describe an utterly foolish or senseless person. The acts of Larry below the word idiot truly a refection of Larry’s action and therefore is a refection of Larry. As far as my intelligence level I would say it is very HIGH, given that I have just received my Ph.D. Candidacy. Prior to this accomplishment, I completed my associate degree, bachelor degree and my MBA. So, what is yours?

"R*E*F*L*E*C*T*I*O*N" If you don't mind, would you PLEASE use "spell check"? Or, is that a "reflection" of your lack of education?

just sayin'

• HadIt.com Elder
I never used the word “stupid”. Reading is fundamental! It appears that a few vets have too much time on their hands. Larry threw a stone at all vets on this forum and you confirmed those insults by agreeing with Larry. I am not here to quarrel with you or Larry; I am only stinking up for those who are unable to stick up for themselves. If you are not offended by Larry’s remarks below then you’re an idiot also for allowing any person treat a vet this way. I’m done!

Well, now. There is something that I can agree with (actually, I think it's hilariously funny.....but, at least you spelled it right).

BTW, most of the vets that I know, well, they can take up for themselves..........but, I'm sure they appreciated your help.

Looking at this from several angles:

From one angle, I can see Larry’s point. (kind of sort of…) It can be very hard to help someone if you can’t understand what they are saying. But I do think the reason they aren’t communicating in a way that is easily understood should be taken into consideration.

For those of you who are younger, you might want to keep in mind that “text speak” is relatively new. Though the younger generation seems to be able to actually think in text language, those of us who are a little older have to try to decipher it into something that we can understand (i.e. English).

So it does help us if you try to communicate in a way that is understandable to those trying to help. That doesn’t mean you have to have your post proofread by an English teacher prior to posting. But try, as much as possible, to make your questions clear enough that the person trying to help can save their brain power for answering the tough questions.

From another angle, sometimes people don’t communicate very clearly because they lack the skills to do so. I certainly think such people not only deserve to be helped – but also probably need help more than those who have better writing and communication skills. And I certainly don’t think they deserve to be put down for not having better skills than they do.

From another angle, sometimes the whole experience of dealing with the VA makes us so mixed up and confused that we cannot think straight ourselves , let alone communicate our thoughts clearly to another person.

I have reached that point many times myself – where I try to explain something, and no matter how logical and rational I try to be, the thoughts just all pour out in whatever order they do – and any attempts to straighten them out just tangles them more.

I have seen many examples of vets asking for help – and their mind was in such an overwhelmed state that it was hard to understand what they were saying. But I also saw how over time, those same vets got clearer and clearer and clearer – as fellow members helped them sort through the tangles and put some order to their claim (and their thoughts).

I certainly know that the times my mind was a tangled mess, fellow hadit members helped me straighten out the tangles and so it started making sense to me – and thus, I could explain things in a way that made sense to others.

So I have seen hadit as a “safe place” that we could bring our tangled messes, without the need to tidy them all up and make them look pretty first.

I am not quite sure that hadit is quite that same safe place anymore. It seems to have more of a bite to it than it used to have.

Anyway – those are some of the angles I see . I am sure there are more.

Edited by free_spirit_etc