Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Is This Nuts.

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

A letter telling me to come in for a C & P to see if my condition of my original SC problem has improved.

So let me get this straight. I got rated SC in 1984 for chronic metatarsal pain in my left foot. Every couple of years I'd get called in for a review C & P - once they reduced it to 0% but I appealed and got the 10% reinstated. My last condition status evaluation was in 1993.

I've been favoring my left foot for 20+ years, and over the past few have developed problems with my right foot and knee. I finally filed a claim last spring, asking for increase & right foot & knee as secondaries. Got my C&P last month.

So now they're going to evaluate the condition I was rated for over 25 years ago? Why don't the twits just look at the report from the C&P last month?

I don't get it.

B)

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync, a couple of suggestions for the C&P...

Take a copy of your medical records for your use in case questions are asked and you can then refer to them, at least some of the current ones if your documentation is too large.

Write a list of notes to yourself that include

all your medications and amounts taken daily or whenever,

info about each foot, knee whatever being examined,

questions you want to ask,

notes about how it is affecting your life, walking, standing, relationship with others if applicable, whatever. Length of ability to do something might also be needed to be mentioned.

Look up your medications (Medlineplus.com is a good site). Print out a copy that includes the side effects for each medication

Note the side effects that are affecting you and also note which medication(s) mention that side effect. If you make this a separate sheet, you can hand it to the doctor so she can copy from it for her records. Then you don't have to try to pronounce the names! B)

Thus you don't have to do very much thinking quickly if you are medicated at the time of the exam.

If you see the private doctor beforehand, take a copy of his report to hand to the doctor, but mail another copy to the rater direct. Thus you know it will get there and not just filed possibly by the doctor. Of course, keep a copy for yourself. :angry:

Hope this helps.

fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

Thanks for all the advice, everyone; as usual it's all very helpful.

Cowgirl, no, I'm not SC for the PTSD. My Vet Rep included it with my claim, but I haven't had any evaluation or heard anything about it.

Let us be kind, one to another, for we are each of us together in our pain.