VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Additional Stressor Ltr

Rate this question

guillo

Question

I submitted my stressor describing the series of events which I encountered while in "Operation Just Cause" Panama. I was in the AF and didn't have a combat MOS. Nevertheless, I was involved in friendly fire situation and got caught in a fire fight were there were causalities. When I wrote my stressor ltr I didn't mention the actual military units involved because I had no knowledge who they were. Recently, thru Army historians Reports I found out what units were involved. Can I resubmit the stressor ltr indicating who they were. Additionally, I just received a Supplemental Statement of the case, from the RO. In which it states that the stressors couldn't be verified by the USASCURR. (Probally beacause I didn't mention the Units?) Pls advise advise what should I do? I have 60 days to reply to the RO or go to BVA.

Edited by guillo

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

American units involved in the operation

5th Infantry Division (Mechanized)

7th Infantry Division (Light)

75th Ranger Regiment

82nd Airborne Division

193rd Infantry Brigade

1st SFOD-D

Marine Corps (Kilo Company, 3BN 6MAR), a (FAST Platoon), and a (Light Armored Infantry (LAI) Company)

Military Police

Navy SEALs

160th SOAR (Night Stalkers)

Special Forces (Green Berets)

XVIII Airborne Corps

Related operations

Operation Acid Gambit – operation undertaken by 1st SFOD-D and the 160th SOAR to rescue Kurt Muse during Operation Just Cause.

Operation Blade Jewel

Operation Nifty Package – operation to apprehend Manuel Noriega during Operation Just Cause.

Operation Nimrod Sustain – continued augmentation with rotating units.

Operation Prayer Book

Operation Promote Liberty – operation to rebuild the Panamanian military and civilian infrastructure.

Operation Purple Storm

Operation Sand Flea – operation to exercise U.S. freedom of movement rights.

URL Operation Just Cause From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes Quillo,

You can resubmit any inservice stressor that cause you to have post traumatic stress disorder,this is what you need,if anyone was killed or wounded, you need to give the names and dates of the people that was wounded or killed,if you found out what units was involved,you should be able to get the the names of the people that was wounded of killed, this is what va is looking for something to connect you to this event.If you give them names and dates you have a better chance of getting your claim granted.