• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

18,000 Pay Statements Sent To Wrong Address

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Recently, 18,000 pay statements were sent to the wrong address. Story here:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/01/mili...errors_011410w/

Also recently there has been a case where the court said that it was a "presumption of regularity" that once the VA claims they mailed the notice of the Veterans C and P exam, the Veteran was assumed to have received it, and the claim will be automatically denied because the Veteran failed to attend the C and P exam...no second chances, and no excuses that he didnt receive the notice. This case is here:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfjan10/nf011610-1.htm

I wonder if it was possible that the Veteran never received the notice. Worse, why is it that the VA's word is always taken over the Veteran, considering how many lies the VA has already been caught in?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I guess that means we would have to check every day because we never know when they may have scheduled an exam. I am not sure "how" we can check on it, tho.

According to Jim Strickland, we should not call the toll free number or use the IRIS systems, as they are both unreliable. (I agree that both calling the 800 number or IRIS emails are not very accurate). Jim says we need to send a 21-4138 to the VARO. Has anyone EVER had the RO respond to a written question, much less respond before a scheduled C and P exam? I have not..they dont answer questions by mail, as far as I know, ever.

I guess we can "hope" the VA mails our C and P notice to the right Veteran, hope that we get it on time, and hope the mailman gives it to us.

I guess I am just not very happy that the VA is allowed to say they sent us notice of an exam, then if we dont get it, we are assumed to be a liar. However, if a Vetran says he mailed something to the RO, a Va employee can shred it, and they say they never got it. In either instance, the Veteran comes out on the short end of the stick. Its a double standard.

On the first time around if you miss your exam the VA is very liberal in getting a new exam for you scheduled. At least for me it was easy. If you miss two exams without good reason then it's on you and you will be denied.

Good excuses: family illness, in hospital, sickness, in jail, not getting the exam notice, etc....

I also know that the 1-800 number can tell you if an appointment notice was sent out. The only reason I didn't get an appointment notice is I didn't inform the VA of my new mailing address and the post office wasn't forwarding my mail correctly.

jerr

Recently, 18,000 pay statements were sent to the wrong address. Story here:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/01/mili...errors_011410w/

Also recently there has been a case where the court said that it was a "presumption of regularity" that once the VA claims they mailed the notice of the Veterans C and P exam, the Veteran was assumed to have received it, and the claim will be automatically denied because the Veteran failed to attend the C and P exam...no second chances, and no excuses that he didnt receive the notice. This case is here:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfjan10/nf011610-1.htm

I wonder if it was possible that the Veteran never received the notice. Worse, why is it that the VA's word is always taken over the Veteran, considering how many lies the VA has already been caught in?

• HadIt.com Elder

Looking at the original post it says 18,000 pay statements which would have nothing to do with a C&P Exam.

I would like to see the VA to be required to send anything that can change a rating by certified mail with signature required.

• HadIt.com Elder

second that motion!

Looking at the original post it says 18,000 pay statements which would have nothing to do with a C&P Exam.

I would like to see the VA to be required to send anything that can change a rating by certified mail with signature required.

here here!