carlie

Question

Life is just poopy today and I am suffering from horrible

post-60-1265061834_thumb.jpg

syndrome.

My last Board of Veterans Aggravation Hearing was held

on Sept.18, 2009.

No telling how much time will crawl by between then

and a Rating Decision on my issues under appeal.

carlie

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Thinking good thoughts for you here Carlie! Mentioning food - found that yogurt you recommended - its delicious, thank you. Only sell Yoplait at commissary tho.

(*maybe decorate your mailbox? - Valentines Day is coming up!)

Best to ya,

Cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Carlie, I hope they make a decision in your favor, like yesterday. Do something to keep your mind off the mailbox --like sleeping lol! Although, at this point in the game, the VA is prolly giving you nightmares ... There's just no getting away from them, is there? Hang in there! ~Wings

john999,

Somewhere between 40 & 60K.

No I'm not IU yet, rated SC at 60%.

Which 40% of that falls under the 20 year protection rule.

10% is for a brain injury under pre Oct 2008 criteria.

There are some other 10's and four or five zero percenters.

I'll work on increases for those later,if BVA doesn't pan out for me.

When the BVA chit is over I will get re-evaluated for

TBI under post Oct 2008 criteria and that part will most likely

get increased to 30 %.

I know I'm losing money by not filing that claim for increase yet

but I want some closure on the issues that have been FUBR first.

carlie

Carlie,

There is no such rating as 30% for TBI residuals under the post Oct, 2008 criteria. There are only 4 categories and the highest number in any of the categories is what you get rated.

The assessment of categories are defined by 0,1,2,3, and total and they equate to assessment numbers and exam from worksheet:

(a)= 0 = 0%

(:angry:= 1 = 10%

©= 2 = 40%

(d)= 3 = 70%

(e)= Total = 100%

The actual TBI examination worksheet can be viewed and downloaded at http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm58.htm

So there, doesn't it make it a happier better day already? Most pre Oct 2008 TBI residuals that were 10% are normally now assigned a 40% rating after a exam under the post Oct 2008 TBI residuals.

There how is that? I know, I went from pre Oct 2008 at 10% to 70% under the post Oct 2008 and was assigned a 3 only on one of the items in a category. Any number 2 get's you 40%.

Edited by RockyA1911

Hello Carlie, How Ironic that I came on Hadit just now after hanging up the phone with my VA lawyers secretary. I am having the same problem. I am almost at the one yr point of panic with the DRO notice to reconsider. I am having to drive once a week to Houston to take my 87 yr old dad to his cancer appointments and drive right by the notorious VA regional office. It is a discouraging part of the drive. I found out that my lawyer sent out another status request last week and if they don't get an answer by next week they are going to send another.

Carlie , I know that you are suffering and its no fun , and your retro does not cover the hurting and the mental anquish they put us thru. Hey girl , you have helped so many and always there trying to be a blessing and support us all here at Hadit, so dont worry , Gods in control. Hes got a handle on it. I have to continue to remind myself that the Lord said he knows when one sparrow falls to the earth and the hairs are numbered on our heads and that we are of more value than a sparrow. ( Matt 10:29-31). At least here we have a safe harbor, a place where other veterans who are also having a difficult time dealing with this monster called the VA . It is our Goliath. I am looking forward to seeing you post here Carlie when the good news comes in and we can all celebrate with you. I too am waiting for the day when I can post the good news concerning my situation with the VA. Your situation and mine and many more here in the long run will help some other veteran that is just starting his or hers "adventure" with the VA.

Pete .....I tell you what.... that picture is so good that I just about ate the picture. Makes me hungry ....yum yum....even though Cowgirls yogurt is probably better for me healthwise.

Carlie , you made it this far so just hang in there. That climbing the mountain was hard...but the trip down is so much easier. God Bless, NEVER GIVE UP. C.C.

Carlie,

Just a super tip for you......I would not put 40% yourself on your own TBI residuals as you do not know that it could be rated at 70%. Download that exam worksheet because my C&P exam report was identical to the questions on the worksheet right down to the questions in sequence and to where the examiner entered yes or no to the questions or entered the appropriate a through d responses.

You will know where you are and what you should get after reviewing the worksheet. Any 2 is 40%, any 3 is 70%.

I went to the exam thinking I would get 40% because I was 10% before and ended up with like I said 70% for TBI residuals.