Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Nod

Rate this question

Joe01

Question

B) I just filled an NOD for PTSD currently rated at 30%. I asked for my Va mental health records to gather all the info I need to try to have a sucessful claim. I got my records about a week ago. I was going trought my mental health recs and notice that my Psychiatric haven't been documenting everything I tell Him when I go see him in our one on one sections once every two months. I have told him a lot of my struggles with PTSD symptoms like having negative tougths, feeling depress, anger problemsand so on. How can I ask him to start doing what he's supposed to do, that is documenting everything, whitout getting him mad in a polite way. I'm just so mad because I file the NOD thinking I already have all the proof I need and now I have not too much in my hands to work with. I also don't want him to think that I'm only using him just to get a higher %. My PTSD is really bothering me, it affect my daily living and it has been getting worst since I was diagnose about Year and half ago. Any suggestios.

I'm really F..... Mad but I want to keep him on my good side, his a cool guy to talk to is just that he needs to start putting on paper my symptoms and what's wrong with me, cuz I really need that right now.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Joe01 - sorry and no offense meant but reading your post it sure sounds, "to me," like you're telling him stuff just to increase your claim. Almost like a carefully laid out retirement plan! He need not put everything you "say" in his notes but can put in what he sees when you present. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask for another Doc if you don't feel like this one is helping but there is a big difference between a treating Doc and a IMO Doc.Generally they will take incidents and convert them into symptoms and into their touchy feely sort of Doc talk. They do not feel that they are there to help you with your claim either

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Ask for another Doc if you don't feel like this one is helping but there is a big difference between a treating Doc and a IMO Doc.Generally they will take incidents and convert them into symptoms and into their touchy feely sort of Doc talk. They do not feel that they are there to help you with your claim either

thanks Pete and by the way, do u know any vet frienly doc that can write a good IMO in the area( dfw) if is specializ in phsyc better. if you know of some please let me know.

Joe01,

How about posting (scan if you can) the Reasons and Beses Section

of the Rating Decision that granted PTSD at 30 percent.

Block out your personal information.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Joe01,

How about posting (scan if you can) the Reasons and Beses Section

of the Rating Decision that granted PTSD at 30 percent.

Block out your personal information.

carlie

[/quote

you can find in this section my last post "anyone had this problem before" all the details of my claim. You posted on that topic too with good info, thanks. I just want to know how to deal with this particular situation. Is the doc is not documenting everything, is that how they do it, if not what should I do? Should I Try to get an IMO, if so, how I do that? Of is to many questions I'm sorry, I'm still new at this

Joe01 - sorry and no offense meant but reading your post it sure sounds, "to me," like you're telling him stuff just to increase your claim. Almost like a carefully laid out retirement plan! He need not put everything you "say" in his notes but can put in what he sees when you present. jmo

pr

no offense taken. I understand that there's vets that want to play the system and that's not me. Maybe I worded the post wrong, that's why I'm not a writer. Anyways, I am really strugling with my PTSD and is not just me that notice that, is also my wife, she's the one that put up with all my crab, what a wonderful women. Also my Fam has notice my personality changes to. I'm now not working do to a combination of both PTSD and physical disabilities. I also just enroll in school because I would like to at least have a associates degree, but I'm also srtugling with that too because of what I already mention. I went trought a lot when I was in Iraq Philip, I almost die over there and I can't seem to get all that shit out of my head. Sorry if it is too long but I just wanted to make clear I'm not "just telling him stuff to increase my claim". I tell him what I feel and what's happening to me.

Hope u don't take his the wrong way, I just needs to let it come out.