Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Nod

Rate this question

Joe01

Question

B) I just filled an NOD for PTSD currently rated at 30%. I asked for my Va mental health records to gather all the info I need to try to have a sucessful claim. I got my records about a week ago. I was going trought my mental health recs and notice that my Psychiatric haven't been documenting everything I tell Him when I go see him in our one on one sections once every two months. I have told him a lot of my struggles with PTSD symptoms like having negative tougths, feeling depress, anger problemsand so on. How can I ask him to start doing what he's supposed to do, that is documenting everything, whitout getting him mad in a polite way. I'm just so mad because I file the NOD thinking I already have all the proof I need and now I have not too much in my hands to work with. I also don't want him to think that I'm only using him just to get a higher %. My PTSD is really bothering me, it affect my daily living and it has been getting worst since I was diagnose about Year and half ago. Any suggestios.

I'm really F..... Mad but I want to keep him on my good side, his a cool guy to talk to is just that he needs to start putting on paper my symptoms and what's wrong with me, cuz I really need that right now.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am really strugling with my PTSD and is not just me that notice that, is also my wife, she's the one that put up with all my crab, what a wonderful women. Also my Fam has notice my personality changes to.

I went trought a lot when I was in Iraq Philip, I almost die over there and I can't seem to get all that shit out of my head. Sorry if it is too long but I just wanted to make clear I'm not "just telling him stuff to increase my claim". I tell him what I feel and what's happening to me.

Hope u don't take his the wrong way, I just needs to let it come out.

Joe01,

You wife and family can write some letters to submit to VBA as lay evidence.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

:angry: I just filled an NOD for PTSD currently rated at 30%. I asked for my Va mental health records to gather all the info I need to try to have a sucessful claim. I got my records about a week ago. I was going trought my mental health recs and notice that my Psychiatric haven't been documenting everything I tell Him when I go see him in our one on one sections once every two months. I have told him a lot of my struggles with PTSD symptoms like having negative tougths, feeling depress, anger problemsand so on. How can I ask him to start doing what he's supposed to do, that is documenting everything, whitout getting him mad in a polite way. I'm just so mad because I file the NOD thinking I already have all the proof I need and now I have not too much in my hands to work with. I also don't want him to think that I'm only using him just to get a higher %. My PTSD is really bothering me, it affect my daily living and it has been getting worst since I was diagnose about Year and half ago. Any suggestios.

I'm really F..... Mad but I want to keep him on my good side, his a cool guy to talk to is just that he needs to start putting on paper my symptoms and what's wrong with me, cuz I really need that right now.

Are you a OEF/OIF vet,

If so check into the recent lawsuit, and contact the attorneys to have your name added. It will gaurentee an increase to at least 50%. Otherwise, I would confront him with the file records and ask him WTF is going on. Well, maybe leave out the WTF part, but certainly call him on it and ask him for the help you need to get an increase due to worsening symptoms.

Good luck,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work due to PTSD that would give you a good shot at 70% and IU. You need a psychiatrist to say you can't work due to PTSD and your other SC disabilites. You are probably young so healing from the PTSD should be your top priority if possible. Living the next 50 years collecting a check from Uncle Sam is not much to get you excited.

My doc didn't document everything and sometimes many of my complaints so what I did is I started getting a copy of my notes and on every visit I would ask why he didn't put this or that in my record and I would show him the notes I received.

I always do a FOIA (release of notes) after every visit to see what's there. Now he's generally pretty good at getting everything in there.

:angry: I just filled an NOD for PTSD currently rated at 30%. I asked for my Va mental health records to gather all the info I need to try to have a sucessful claim. I got my records about a week ago. I was going trought my mental health recs and notice that my Psychiatric haven't been documenting everything I tell Him when I go see him in our one on one sections once every two months. I have told him a lot of my struggles with PTSD symptoms like having negative tougths, feeling depress, anger problemsand so on. How can I ask him to start doing what he's supposed to do, that is documenting everything, whitout getting him mad in a polite way. I'm just so mad because I file the NOD thinking I already have all the proof I need and now I have not too much in my hands to work with. I also don't want him to think that I'm only using him just to get a higher %. My PTSD is really bothering me, it affect my daily living and it has been getting worst since I was diagnose about Year and half ago. Any suggestios.

How I "fixed" a bad doctor. (Veteran unfriendly).

1. I put up with it for a while, until I heard other Vets also thought this doc was "anti-Veteran".

2. I put in a request to change my doctor away from her.

3. She called me and asked me why, so I told her exactly why.

4. She was "in trouble" probably because other Vets had switched from her also.

5. She pleaded with me not to change docs. I have an idea she would have been fired if one more Vet complained about her. I told her I wanted to see positive improvement and I would quash the switch.

6. Next time I saw her, I got what ever I wanted. No more crap from her. She is now Veteran friendly.

Note: If this does not work, continue with the switch, and change doctors.

Edited by broncovet

Thanks everyone for the advice on this.