VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results Of C&p Exam. What Is Your Take On This?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

After retirement I was denied for a condition of numbness/tingling down my right leg to my right foot. They said it was not diagnosed, etc. I filed a RECONSIDERATION for Lumbar Condition with Radiculopathy. I received another C&P exam on Jan 4th, 2010. Well I got the results of my latest C&P exam today. The QTC doctor stated:

NEUROLOGICAL EXAM:

The lumbar spine sensory is impaired. The examination of the sacral reveals no sensory deficits of S1. The modality used to test sensory function was touch. There is no lumbosacral motor weakness. L4: Sensory deficit of right lateral thigh. There are signs of Lumbar Intervertebral Disc Syndrome. The most likely peripheral nerve is the Sciatic Nerve. The IVDS does not cause any bowel dysfunction, bladder dysfunction and erectile dysfunction.

DIAGNOSIS TESTS:

The attached lumbar spine X-ray report shows degenerative arthritis.

DIAGNOSIS:

For the claimant's claimed condition of LUMBAR SPINE CONDITION, the diagnosis is Intervertebral Disc Syndrome with degenerative arthritis changes and the most likely involved nerve is the Sciatic nerve. nerve which affects the right side of the body. The subjective factors are History. The objective factors are Exam and X-ray findings. There are no complications. The diagnosis is SLIGHT SCOLIOSIS LOWER THORACIC SPINE. The subjective factors are None. The objective factors are X-ray findings.

It also stated that my ROM was "WNL" which is totally wrong. I barely moved my back during the exam.

Keep in mind, my MRI results listed much more damage to my back than the x-ray results that the C&P doctor gave. The MRI showed sacralization of the L5, multi-level disc protrusions involving L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-transitional levels. Stnosis of the spine at L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels, multi level spondylosis, right lateral spurs of the endplates adjacent to the L3-L4 disc space and the inferior endplates of L4, bilaterally. Anterior spurrings of the L3,L4 and the trasnitional vertebrae.

ALSO, I was just reading through my file and when I was in Physcial Therapy (Apr - Jun 09), they did a ROM test on me and the results were:

This is EXACTLY how it reads, so please forgive me if you don't understand it because I don't: :-)

ROM: LUMBAR FLEX: 50 EXT: 5 RSB: 25 LSB: 25 RROT: 40 LROT: 40 (PAIN WITH EXT)

And YES, this is in my C-file! So, who are they going to believe?

Again, the C&P doctor didn't even do a ROM test. She just told me to bend forward, now bend backward. Test was over!

So, from everyone's experience, what is your opinion on my results? Do I have a chance? As of Jan 25th, my claim was at the Rating Board. Thanks, all!

Edited by pilgrim01

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sounds to me like it will not be long at all.

Already made two trips to mail box today..... will face east and hope the mail is in there in an hour..

One Shot, One Shovel

• HadIt.com Elder
Already made two trips to mail box today..... will face east and hope the mail is in there in an hour..

The "mailbox blues"... cruel and unusual treatment of the disabled vet. Though not intentional, I just wish the VA could find a better way to handle claims. My sympathies are with all those who have to endure the experience.

Hang there...

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

The "mailbox blues"... cruel and unusual treatment of the disabled vet. Though not intentional, I just wish the VA could find a better way to handle claims. My sympathies are with all those who have to endure the experience.

Hang there...

&&&&&&&&

Good news had mail

Bad news all bills

Think I will get chair and wait till tuesday

Edited by vperl

One Shot, One Shovel