Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Increase Exam

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

hi,

I have a C&P exam tomorrow for an increase from 50 --> 70%. My 2 most recent diagnosis:

Jan 27, 2010

DX

Axis 1: Chronic Severe PTSD with prominent hyperarousal, irritability, intrusions and social withdrawl, MDD Chronic with anhedonia and recurrent suicidal thoughts, panic disorder, severe sleep disorder, alcohol abuse epidisodic

Axis 2: deferred

Axis 3: Obesity, Likely Obstructive Sleep Apnea, HTN, Hyperlipidemia, Shoulder traumatic arthritis with chronic pain, tinnitus

Axis 4: extreme: combat trauma with chronic ptsd, reintegration, extreme weight gain, social isolation, unemployment

Axis 5: 41

Dec 23, 2009

DX

Axis 1: PTSD, Chronic

MDD

R/o Panic Disorder

H/o Alcohol abuse

Axis 3: R/O OSA

Axis 4: Isolation

Axis 5: 45

Prior DX (part of my 50% claim)

Sept 18, 2008 (that was my last Dx prior)

DX

Axis 1: PTSD; Major Depressive Disorder

Axis 2: Deferred

Axis 3: Obesity; Tinnitus; Upper Arm Condition

Axis 4: Relational Difficulties

Axis 5: 50

Prior C&P Exam

Dec 11, 2008

DX

Axis 1: PTSD, Depressive disorder NOS

Axis 2: No dx

Axis 3: see problem list

Axis 4: unemployment of > 1yr

Axis 5: GAF 53 current functioning

I'm wondering what people think my chances are for my ptsd comp to be increased from 50 to 70% based on the above DX's. I'm going in tomorrow for the C&P, so I will get copies after the exam and post to give the best idea. I am also still waiting on my sleep study. Have not rec'd a date yet as well.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They will also utalize your psych notes and complaints you voiced, medication regimen, ability to adapt to situations, behavior, work record, attitude with way you carry yourself ie isolate/hoarder/loud and obnixious of any outward problems/fights/arguments, solice, all these will factor in besides your DMS and GAF's.

I'm in the low GAF's 40's and finally got 50%, from GAF's of 50 and was 30%. Region you are in plays a part too. I am just being realistic, but have seen others get 70% with scores like this with much other documentation of mentl status. Good luck, and remember tell of your WORST days not the one good one you had. :D

Thanks Halos,

Yes I know they look at other things as well. I had been in a few fights, work related recently and was laid off. I had some S/I as well. I am currently 50% SC PTSD, I am trying to get increased to 70%. Yes, I will tell them how it is at its worst. I'm also writing a letter on how I think it effects my work and regular life. I honestly assume they will jsut glance at it, like the last one I did with my initial claim.

USMC, according to this most recent dx and report you would qualify for 70%. If you're still having suicidal thoughts make sure you emphasize this to the examiner. Suicidal ideation is in the 70% rating criteria.

Good luck and you should write down all your symptoms so you don't forget. These exams don't come around very often.

I almost forgot, make sure you take this most recent report for the examiner to review.

jerr

I have a C&P exam tomorrow for an increase from 50 --> 70%. My 2 most recent diagnosis:

Jan 27, 2010

DX

Axis 1: Chronic Severe PTSD with prominent hyperarousal, irritability, intrusions and social withdrawl, MDD Chronic with anhedonia and recurrent suicidal thoughts, panic disorder, severe sleep disorder, alcohol abuse epidisodic

Axis 3: Obesity, Likely Obstructive Sleep Apnea, HTN, Hyperlipidemia, Shoulder traumatic arthritis with chronic pain, tinnitus

Axis 4: extreme: combat trauma with chronic ptsd, reintegration, extreme weight gain, social isolation, unemployment

Edited by jerrbilly

Thanks Jerr,

I will definitly tell them. I jsut finished writing my letter on the symptoms and effects of those symptoms have on my everyday life and on my ability to work. Yes, I'm aware S/I is on the 70%. I had S/I listed in Dec 08 and they paid no attention to it, basically dismissed it. See when they did my claim, I guess at the time I was borderline 70%, so they called and said if I dropped my appeal they would give me 50%. At the time, I figured based on the evidence, they were only going to find 50% anyways, so I agreed. Since then I feel my symptoms have increased as evidenced in recent dx's as well as sitautions in my life (suicidal thoughts) and with work related fights/lay off.

hi,

Jan 27, 2010

DX

Dec 23, 2009

DX

Axis 1: PTSD, Chronic

MDD

R/o Panic Disorder

H/o Alcohol abuse

Axis 3: R/O OSA

Axis 4: Isolation

Axis 5: 45

Prior DX (part of my 50% claim)

Sept 18, 2008 (that was my last Dx prior)

DX

Axis 1: PTSD; Major Depressive Disorder

Axis 2: Deferred

Axis 3: Obesity; Tinnitus; Upper Arm Condition

Axis 4: Relational Difficulties

Axis 5: 50

Prior C&P Exam

Dec 11, 2008

DX

Axis 1: PTSD, Depressive disorder NOS

Axis 2: No dx

Axis 3: see problem list

Axis 4: unemployment of > 1yr

Axis 5: GAF 53 current functioning

I'm wondering what people think my chances are for my ptsd comp to be increased from 50 to 70% based on the above DX's. I'm going in tomorrow for the C&P, so I will get copies after the exam and post to give the best idea. I am also still waiting on my sleep study. Have not rec'd a date yet as well.

USMC,

I would take a copy of all the info you just presented, "just in case" the C&P doctor does'nt have it. Also, if you are unemployed whether you get an increase or not you might consider filing for TDIU.

JMHO,

Bergie

thanks Bergie,

I'm going to bring the copies I have with me. I'm going to bring my letter as well. I wrote a letter trying to explain how some of the ptsd symptoms effect me and their effect on my working. I'm not seeking IU. I'm still young enough (34), that i can try and do something for work. Besides, I have a college degree, so IU is most likely out. I hate C&P exams, since I know they are judging everything you do or say. I find it often hard to get across to them the severity and the day-to-day struggles that ptsd has had on me. It always seems like they gloss over everything and just minimize when it comes to rating it.